Job: Become a Respite Provider for Children!
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
More Jobs at Devereux Arizona
Are you interested in caring for children, being compensated for your time, and having a flexible schedule?
If this sounds like you, then keep reading! We are looking for individuals who would like to become Certified Respite Providers. Tax-Free reimbursement is up to $42 per day per child, with a maximum of five children.
What is respite?
Respite quite literally means "a break". Hundreds of children and families throughout Arizona benefit from respite services through Devereux‚s Family Based Respite Program, and we are looking for professional and compassionate individuals who are willing and able to provide regularly scheduled respite. Respite is provided in your own home, and respite can last anywhere from several hours, to several days, depending on your availability and the need of the child and family.
For more information, please contact Laura Smithson at 520.296.5551 x132 or LSmithso@devereux.org. To learn more about our organization, feel free to visit www.devereuxaz.org.
Skills / Requirements
- Experience in behavioral health or a related field, and/or experience working directly with children, ages 0-17.
- Willingness /ability to provide care in your home
- Have own transportation to safely transport children of various ages
- Able to pass a thorough background check and home inspection
- Complete daily progress notes and other professional documentation in a timely manner
- Must be available to provide respite a minimum of one weekend per month; flexible schedule is a plus.
**Devereux Arizona will provide free comprehensive training and supervision.