Job: Behavioral Health Technician
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
More Jobs at La Frontera Center, Inc.
Provides counseling, supervision, and casework services to clients in a detoxification facility, acute psychiatric health care residential facility, in-home, or day treatment setting. Maintains client records including evaluation, follow-up, and closure activity according to established guidelines and procedures. Provides supportive counseling and training in daily living skills such as personal hygiene, nutrition, budgeting, and food preparation and purchase. Intervenes in crisis situations and attempts to avert potential crises. Directs, participates, and assists clients in planning and carrying out activities, and evaluates client activities. Acts as advocate for clients and family in dealing with other agencies and the public. Transports clients in agency vehicles as necessary. Consults with, makes referrals to, and follows-up with other community agencies to provide needed client Services.
Various shifts available ($1 - $2 differential may apply).
Skills / Requirements
a. A master's degree or bachelor's degree in a field related to behavioral health, Or
b. Is a registered nurse, Or
c. Is a physician assistant who is not working as a medical practitioner, Or
d. Has a bachelor's degree and at least one year of full-time behavioral health work experience, Or
e. Has an associate's degree and at least two years of full-time behavioral health work experience, Or
f. Has a high school diploma or high school equivalency diploma and:
i. 18 credit hours of post-high school education in a field related to behavioral health completed no more than four years before the date the individual begins providing behavioral health services and two years of full-time behavioral health work experience, Or
ii. Four years of full-time behavioral health work experience, Or
g. Is licensed as a practical nurse, according to A.R.S. Title 32, Chapter 15, with at least two years of full-time behavioral health work experience.
Behavioral health work experience" means providing behavioral health services:
a. In an agency, Or
b. To an individual, Or
c. In a field related to behavioral health
Positions are open until filled.
Experience providing services to substance abuse clients preferred. Fingerprint clearance required. Must be at least 23 y/o and have a good driving record.
Upon hire, an Arizona Motor Vehicle Report and proof of liability insurance is required.
Benefits at La Frontera Arizona (LFA)
* Allowance compensation paid directly to employee
* Allowance compensation amount increases 2% every 2 years of service
* Health insurance: 4 plans offered that includes a qualified high-deductible health plan - LFA covers 100% premium costs for employees
* Health Savings Account: $1,000 LFA contribution to health savings account when applicable
* Health Reimbursement Account: paid by LFA for employee
* Dental insurance: LFA covers 100% premium costs for employee
* Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts: $1,000 LFA contribution to medical account when applicable
* Vision plan
* Long-term disability insurance: paid by LFA for employee
* Term life/AD&D insurance: paid by LFA for employee
* Short-term disability insurance
* 403(b) Retirement Plan
* Fifteen+ days paid time off annually
* Ten paid holidays per year annually
* Catastrophic Leave: paid by LFA for employee
* Bereavement leave
* Jury duty leave
* Employee assistance program: for entire family
* Tuition assistance program: up to $3,600 annually
* Payroll direct deposit and Pay Card program
Please note: This is a benefits summary only. For specific information on benefits, qualifications, restrictions, and employee contributions, please contact La Frontera Arizona's Human Resources Department at (520) 838-3936. Benefits are subject to change, and are subject to plan documents.
All applicants must complete a La Frontera application to be considered for an interview.
Go to www.lafronteraaz.org or visit us at our Main office at 504 W 29th St. 85713, and complete our required La Frontera application. An option of attaching a resume is available once a La Frontera application is completed.
(520) 792-2728 fax