Job: CNAs / Hospice Home Health Aides
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
More Jobs at Casa de la Luz Hospice
Browse Similar Jobs: Healthcare - Assisted Living/Home Health
Are you looking for more than just a job? Are you committed to excellence? Are you caring, respectful, positive and professional? Casa de la Luz Hospice is hiring qualified certified nursing assistants/home health aides for home visits. You must be able to work Monday - Friday, 8a - 5p, and an occasional Saturday.
The home health aide (HHA), is a paraprofessional member of the hospice interdisciplinary group who is a certified nursing assistant licensed in Arizona. The HHA works under the supervision of an RN case manager and performs various services for the patient as necessary to meet the patient's personal needs and to promote comfort. The HHA is responsible for observing the patient, reporting these observations, and documenting observations and care performed. The HHA will be assigned in a manner which promotes quality, continuity, and safety of a patient's care.
Responsibilities of the home health aide include, but are not limited to:
* Performing personal care needs according to the patient's assignment and attending to their requests promptly. If unable to perform a certain task, reports to the RN case manager immediately.
* Meeting safety needs of patients, using equipment safely and properly (foot stools, side rails, O2 etc.).
* Giving personal care including baths, back rubs, oral hygiene, shampoos, and changing bed linen according to the assignment.
* Assisting with dressing and undressing patients as assigned.
* Assisting with feeding the patient as assigned; may prepare light meals.
* Taking and recording oral, rectal and auxiliary temperatures, pulse, respiration, and blood pressure when ordered.
* Providing proper care and observation of patient's skin to prevent breakdown of tissue over bony prominence.
* Reporting on patient's condition and significant changes to the assigned RN case manager. Also remaining aware of the caregiver or other individuals living with the patient and interpersonal issues.
* Assisting in ambulation and exercise as instructed by the RN case manger or therapist. Performing range of motion and other simple procedures as an extensional therapy service as ordered.
* Offering and assisting with bedpans and urinals.
* Providing assistance as assigned with light laundry needs, including keeping the patient‚s living area clean and orderly.
* Providing respite for patient's family/caregiver when on-site, as appropriate
* Is respectful of patient/family/caregiver environment and patient's personal needs
* Adhering to the organization's documentation, care procedures and standards of personal and professional conduct.
* Adhering to Casa‚s Mission, Core Values and Job Non-negotiables.
Skills / Requirements
* Certified nursing assistant currently licensed through the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
* Possess and maintains current CPR certification.
* At least 18 years of age.
* Previous experience required, home health or hospice preferred.
* Ability to read and follow written instructions and document care given.
* Is self-directing with the ability to work with little direct supervision.
* Understands hospice philosophy, comfortable providing specialized care to the terminally ill.
* Has empathy for the needs of the ill, injured, frail and the impaired.
* Provides a calm manner when in a patient home.
* Demonstrates tact, patience and good personal hygiene.
* As required by the State of Arizona, a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with organization requirements and is in good working order.
* Prolonged or considerable walking or standing, with considerable reaching, stooping bending, kneeling and/or crouching.
* Must be able to: lift, position and/or transfer patients; lift supplies and equipment.
* Must have visual acuity and hearing to perform required nursing skills.
This position is full-time. Must be able to work Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and one Saturday approximately every 6 weeks.
If unable to submit a resume, you may complete an application in the human resources office at 7929 N. Oracle Rd, Monday through Thursday, 8am-12pm.
(520) 202-2113 fax