Job: Computer Information Systems/ Computer Software App. Instructor -Adjunct
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
More Jobs at Tohono O'odham Community College
The Computer Information Systems Instructor/ Computer Software Applications Instructor-Adjunct will be
expected to teach a range of courses in CIS/CSA courses in a tribal community college setting. A variety
of delivery systems such as cooperative learning, self-paced, independent or individualized instruction, in
addition to traditional classroom teaching methods may be used. Incumbents are expected to support
the goals and mission of the College. Support the colleges vision, mission and objectives.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
and successfully complete a non-derogatory background check. The education and experience
requirements listed below are representative of this positions requirements.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provide an effective environment for student learning through teaching assigned courses based
on college approved course outlines.
* Develops, prepares and evaluates instructional materials which promote learning.
* Evaluates student progress, provides frequent feedback to students, and refers students to
appropriate college support services when needed.
* Assists in the recruitment and retention of students.
* Provide assistance to students when needed and for other related duties.
* Participates in curriculum development including developing and reviewing course teaching
materials, and text selections.
* Assesses student-learning outcomes at the course and program level in order to improve
* Maintains current knowledge in the subject area and in the use of alternative teaching techniques
and appropriate instructional technology; participates in faculty development activities.
* Maintains student records; completes and returns required reports to the appropriate office by
* Cooperates with other faculty and college staff in maintaining a positive professional and
educational environment in the college.
* Attends and participates in meetings, committees, and college activities.
* Participates in commencement day exercises in academic dress, unless previously excused in
accordance with stated policy/procedures.
* Supports the goals and mission of the College.
* Performs related duties as required.
Skills / Requirements
COMPENTENCY (To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following
* Ability to teach CIS/CSA classes incorporating a variety of teaching methodologies.
COMPUTER INFORMATION SYSTEMS INSTRUCTOR - ADJUNCT
* Skilled in communications and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with college
administrators, faculty, staff and students.
* Ability to design curriculum, provide academic advising, consult with students regarding academic
success, evaluate student performance, build community relations, and serve as a member of the
* Establish and maintain good working relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural
* Ability to integrate the values of diversity and team building into educational decision-making.
Masters degree in the teaching field or a Masters in any teaching field with 18 graduate semester hours
in the teaching field or a Masters in any field with 24 upper division and/or graduate semester hours in
the teaching field.
Must be certified or eligible for a Community College Teaching Certificate.
ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION MAY BE GIVEN TO INDIVIDUALS WITH THE FOLLOWING
Ability to speak and understand Oodham and/or Spanish.
Knowledge and understanding of the history and contemporary issues facing Native peoples;
One year work experience with tribal communities.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Ability to work in a multi-cultural educational setting. TOCC is located in Sells,
Arizona, which is 60 miles west of Tucson on the Tohono Oodham Nation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
HOW TO APPLY: Applications are available on line at www.tocc.edu. Interested applicants must
submit a resume, related degrees, transcripts, certificates, three (3) letters of recommendation and a
completed TOCC application for employment, if claiming Indian Preference under Tohono Oodham
Ordinance 01-85, submit a copy of certification or enrollment card to