Job: DRILL SUPERVISOR
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Geotemps, Inc. is currently recruiting a Drill Supervisor for one of our clients on a mine site near Superior, AZ. This individual must be a quick learner and able to work independently on site. The ability to function successfully with multiple contractors and various personnel is critical to this position.
This position is responsible for daily supervision of and short term planning for the drilling operation being carried out by multiple large core rigs completing holes to average depths of 2.2km. Evaluating and monitoring contractor safety systems is a key responsibility. Planning and supervision of the drill campaign, which currently provides all samples needed for modeling geology, geotechnical attributes, grade, and metallurgy, is a core function of the Resource Evaluation Group, which is responsible for defining the resource used as the initial input for mine design. The position has no direct reports but is responsible for coordinating contractors carrying out drilling, down-hole surveying, borehole geophysical studies, drill fluid engineering, road construction, and drill fluid disposal, with a current FTE work force consisting of approximately 40 contractors.
* Core Drilling Supervision: Demonstrated ability to plan and supervise drilling operations is a fundamental skill needed for this position.
* Safety Systems Management: Experience with implementing and managing formal safety systems is critical.
* Operational Systems Management: Due to the complexity and cost of the deep drilling program, experience in implementing formal operational systems to evaluate options and risks would be valuable.
* Financial Responsibility: Demonstrated experience in managing multi-million dollar drilling programs, and ability to evaluate costs in order to improve cost effectiveness is essential.
* Computer Skills - Excel, Word, Access, Project: Strong ability to work with these programs essential. Skills with software specific to drill hole tracking, such as Path Tracker and Well Cad would be useful.
* Geology: This position has typically been held by geologists, who frequently have the needed skills. However, being a geologist is not mandatory.
Lastly, the appropriate candidate must be based out of Arizona (expenses will not be paid)
Skills / Requirements
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Client orientated with a clear focus on understanding the needs of the client
* Adaptability to respond quickly and efficiently to changes in the client and project needs
* Leadership to direct clients, projects and staff towards successful outcomes
* Self motivation and initiative to meet aggressive performance targets
* Team supporter and willing team participant
* Minimum of a Bachelor‚s degree (B. Sc.) in Geology, Hydrology, Environmental Sciences or related field.
* Verification of education required
* Valid driver‚s license
* Pre-Employment Background Check
* Pre-Employment Drug Screen
This is currently an MSHA governed site; and safety is of vital importance. Adherence to and enforcement of all safety policies will be strictly mandated.