Job: Equipment Operator
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
More Jobs at Nesco Resource Tucson
Browse Similar Jobs: Warehouse/Maintenance
Nesco Resource is currently recruiting for an Equipment Operator for our client in Tucson AZ.
SUMMARY: The Foam Equipment Operator operates foam production equipment, such as the AV4 Vertical Saw and the AP Die Cutter, and assists shift supervisors in completing daily production tasks that will satisfy customer requirements and expectations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Set-up, run, troubleshoots and performs quality checks on foam production equipment
- Must be accountable for all activities on or around the foam production equipment
- Responsible for the overall quality of the product coming off foam production equipment
- Assist in loading of raw materials and unloading finished product from production equipment.
- Follow and enforce all safety procedures and policies for yourself and your crew
- Be able to organize and direct crews to ensure safest and most efficient operation of machines
- Entering data into PDE (Plant Data Entry) system.
- Assist in stripping and palletizing of finished product.
- Assist in the general housekeeping of the production areas in both foam and corrugated.
- Assist the Production Supervisors and operators as requested
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and safely. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Must be able to accurately take measurements using a tape measure or other measuring devices.
- Basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions and percentages.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Forklift Certification or ability to be certified is required – company reserves the right to pay for training and certification.
- Must be able to accurately follow verbal and written instructions in English.
- Must have the ability to meet production deadlines.
- Must have the ability to be flexible in their work schedule in order to accommodate internal and customer emergencies.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be reliable and have the ability to work in a team based environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs without assistance.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to consistently work on or near corrugated and foam production equipment, forklifts and other machinery.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member will be required to consistently meet deadlines given by the Lead/Supervisor/Manager in the production/warehouse area that is not temperature controlled.
- The Foam Equipment Operator will be performing a variety of tasks throughout the week that may include standing for long periods of time, bending, squatting, lifting, reaching, pushing and pulling.
- The Foam Equipment Operator regularly works near moving mechanical parts.
- All production team members must wear the appropriate protective equipment to accommodate the protection needs of the present hazard.
- All team members are required to work on, or in close proximity with, moving forklift trucks.
- Safety Glasses and closed toe/closed heel shoes in the production and warehouse areas are required.
- Due to the nature of this position, on-site attendance is mandatory. No responsibilities of this position may be completed remotely.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
The Foam Equipment Operator is required, as a minimum, to have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend English. Candidate will have the ability to read and comprehend moderate to complex instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Candidate will have the ability to write technical correspondence. Candidate will have the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
If you are interested in this position please forward resume to TucsonJobs@NescoResource.com or call 520-319-1011.
At Nesco Resource, our flexible staffing solutions include contract, contract-to-hire, and direct placement services. We employ specialized recruiters focused in the fields of Engineering, Information Technology, Accounting & Finance, Administrative & Customer Service, and Manufacturing & Distribution.