Job: Human Resource Generalist - Part Time
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
More Jobs at Arizona's Children Association
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for processing initial application requests, conducting new employee orientations, generating multiple personnel follow-up reports, and carrying out administrative duties in the Human Resources Department including, but not limited to, employee relations, compliance issues, and maintaining accreditation documentation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Assist the Human Resources staff in the efficient and organized daily functioning of the Human Resources Department.
* Performs general office duties as ordering supplies, faxing, mail distribution, cross training, photocopying, and disbursing of information requested.
* Maintains required records, generates required reports, and performs special projects.
* Assists in the gathering of information and aggregate data for statistical reporting from personnel files and HRIS.
* Responds to Unemployment inquiries and provides sufficient documentation to reduce unemployment claims.
* Responds to employment verifications/reference checks, and maintains documents in appropriate files.
* Collects and processes appropriate documents statewide for posting Open Positions, Workers Compensation and FMLA/Non-FMLA.
* Routes resumes and applications to supervisors who have employment opportunities available. Ensure established protocol is followed for new employees.
* Conducts weekly HR New Employee Orientation.
* Processes all aspects of fingerprint documents, maintains documentation of fingerprinting clearance, and ensures fingerprint compliance of all AzCA employees.
* Compiles and distributes monthly compliance reports to supervisors.
* Monitors and maintains the credentialing files for appropriate employees and contractors. Tracks certifications and notifies supervisors regarding expirations.
* Monitors and maintains independent contractors files and ensures proper documentation is available in compliance with licensing regulations.
* Performs employee relations for corporate and regional area responding to employee concerns.
* Represents AzCA at external job fairs.
* Must be able to safely and effectively monitor consumer activities, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
* Perform other duties as directed by the Human Resources Director in keeping with the qualification, competencies and general parameters of the position.
Skills / Requirements
Knowledge of personnel policies and practices, employment law, recruitment and employment practices, compensation and benefits programs, and Equal Employment Opportunity regulations and guidelines.
Must have the ability and capacity to expand responsibilities into all areas of human resources management functions.
Must posses mature judgment and skill in dealing with employees and non-agency personnel while maintaining the highest degree of confidentiality with information obtained in the performance of duties.
Must be computer literate in word processing, financial spreadsheet software and the ability to learn software programs used in the Human Resources department. Typing skills a must.
Able to work with people, maintain a pleasant disposition, with good presentation both in person and on the phone.
Must have good organizational skills.
Effective written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
Must be organized with the ability to take direction, prioritize tasks, and to work independently with minimum supervision.
Must be 21 years of age (licensing requirement).
Bachelor‚s Degree in Human Resources Management or related field of study from an accredited college or university.
At least 2 years experience in human resource functions. Bilingual skills in Spanish may be required.
Possess a valid Arizona driver‚s license and be insurable under the agency‚s automobile policy.
Able to operate common office equipment and have word processing computer skills.
Must be able to provide DPS fingerprint clearance.
Must be able to meet training and agency compliance requirements for the position.
An individual may qualify for this position if the individual is able to "perform safely" the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations. Perform safely means to perform without causing a direct threat to the health or safety of the individual or others that cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodations, as defined by 42 U.S.C. #1211 (b) and the Commission‚s regulations found at 29 C.F.R #1630.2 (r).
* Ability to effectively communicate in the English language.
* Ability to interact well with various levels of staff and with guests of AzCA.
* Ability to read, comprehend and interpret complex information.
* Office environment with frequent sitting.
* Must be able to climb stairs, with frequent standing and moving throughout facility or in the alternative, perform these physical requirements with or without reasonable accommodations.
* Frequent to moderate physical effort (lift/carry up to 25 lbs.).
* Frequent reaching, bending, stooping, kneeling or crouching.
* Must be able to physically demonstrate competency in the following areas: operate an agency transport vehicle (unless declared a non-driver).
This position is part time - 20 hours each week.