Job: Maintenance/Landscape Specialist, Part Time
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
More Jobs at Primavera Foundation
PLEASE NOTE: This is a refreshed posting. If you have already applied for this position, you do not need to resubmit your materials, as they are already under review for consideration.
Are you a skilled landscape and maintenance professional, seeking a part-time position in a meaningful environment? Are you detail-oriented, driven to produce quality work, and passionate about making a positive difference in the Tucson community? If so, please consider joining the Primavera Foundation in this new, part-time opportunity today!
PROGRAM DESCRIPTION AND JOB SUMMARY
The Primavera Foundation is a non-profit agency that has been providing pathways out of poverty and strengthening the Tucson community since 1983, through a variety of programs and services. The properties team is responsible for the acquisition, management, maintenance, and disposition of Primavera‚s properties and vehicles. The Maintenance Specialist is responsible for ensuring safe, clean, and healthy properties, by performing landscaping services, pest control and management services, unit turnovers, and assisting with maintenance tasks as needed. The successful candidate will be a proactive professional who can efficiently prioritize, plan and schedule tasks, works independently, thrives on change and innovation, has a positive influence on others, is results-oriented, adheres to high standards, and demonstrates top-notch attention-to-detail and high-quality outcomes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES (Work assignments may vary depending on the department‚s needs and will be communicated to the applicant or incumbent by senior leadership):
* Monitoring and assessing grounds at all Primavera properties for landscaping needs and curb appeal.
* Scheduling and performing general landscaping tasks on Primavera properties including raking, trimming bushes and trees, and weeding in a timely manner and in accordance with property goals.
* Treating properties for pests as needed primarily, but not limited to, bed bugs.
* Assisting with tasks associated with unit turnovers including cleaning, painting, floor stripping and waxing, moving furniture, and general maintenance as directed.
* Performing general maintenance tasks including, but not limited to painting, carpentry, and plumbing.
* Assisting with maintenance inspections of properties as needed.
* Adhering to the planned work schedule.
* Assisting with maintaining the safety and security of Primavera properties.
* Preparing, providing, and maintaining required and necessary reports, paperwork, office records and receipts.
* Working as a team with other Primavera employees to ensure property performance goals are achieved on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
* Ensuring adherence to property budgets in relation to associated job duties.
* Providing effective leadership, supervision, and support to staff, volunteers, and vendors during special work projects to ensure tasks are performed in a safe and efficient manner.
* Attending meetings as required.
* Adhering to and demonstrating Primavera‚s guiding principles of integrity, respect, accountability, compassion, and leadership.
* Performing other duties as assigned by leadership.
Skills / Requirements
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Basic knowledge of general maintenance tasks including painting, carpentry, and basic plumbing.
* Basic knowledge of general landscaping tasks including planting, weeding , trimming and pruning.
* Basic knowledge of unit turnover tasks including cleaning, painting, floor stripping and waxing.
* Basic knowledge of pest control and management procedures including treatment and prevention.
* Knowledge of and ability to use power tools and landscaping equipment.
* Knowledge of job safety procedures.
* Ability to lift 50 lbs.
* Knowledge of and ability to work safely with chemicals including cleaning and pest management supplies.
* Ability to complete required paperwork.
* Understanding and ability to exemplify the organization‚s mission, which is to promote economic and social justice while working to build a future in which all people are assured basic human rights, a livable income, and safe, affordable housing.
* Understanding and ability to demonstrate Primavera‚s guiding principles, including integrity, respect, accountability, compassion, and leadership.
* Ability to work with diverse populations, to foster inclusion and harmony.
* At least three years experience in apartment and building maintenance including unit turnovers, landscaping services, and pest control.
* Experience working without direct on-site supervision.
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Excellent time management and organizational skills, and superior attention to detail.
* Ability to obtain a fingerprint clearance card.
* Valid Arizona driver‚s license, proof of insurance, clean driving record, and access to a personal vehicle for use with work.
* Must provide own tools.
* Required to carry/utilize a company cell phone or pager.
* Knowledge of low-income/homeless services and issues.
* First Aid/CPR certification (or ability to obtain with 12 months).
* Primarily outdoor property environment with occasional indoor office environment, with moderate to loud noise levels.
* Ability to tour and inspect properties and perform physical tasks including bending, stooping, reaching, and lifting up to 50 pounds.
(This job description is intended to indicate the basic nature of the position and examples of typical duties that may be assigned. It does not imply that all positions within the job description perform all of the duties listed, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned. Successful candidates will be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations. )
The Primavera Foundation is committed to a discrimination-free workplace and to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, pregnancy, mental or physical challenging condition, marital status, amnesty, political affiliation, status as a covered veteran, or other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.