Job: Pharmacy Director
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
More Jobs at El Rio Community Health Center
Browse Similar Jobs: Healthcare - Pharmacy
Directs Pharmacy staff in clinical operational, educational and business activities either directly or through Pharmacy Management. Oversight of Medication activities.
- Provides oversight and direction through operational management that all Federal and Arizona State Board of Pharmacy regulations and laws are followed by pharmacy staff.
- Directs adherence to Federal 340B laws and regulations.
- Assesses performance and maintains high standards of Clinical Practice for all Professional Pharmacy staff including drug information, drug therapy evaluation, patient consultation, pharmaceutical outcomes and interventions.
- Provides active communication with Chief Operations Officer, Medical and Executive Administration Health Center and Departmental staff.
- Evaluates quarterly audits of each pharmacy location and ensures compliance with the Pharmacy Quality Improvement Plan and Pharmacy Department Policies and Procedures. Informs and assists Pharmacy management of areas identified for improvement with require follow up action plans and additional audits.
- Directs Pharmacy Management personnel to assure patients receive high level quality professional pharmacy services.
- Develops and evaluates various reports related to operational and clinical pharmacy services.
- Provides direction to supervisory staff to all patients are provided with compassionate and high quality service by Pharmacy staff.
- Provide work environment safe and free from hazards;immediately address safety issues or potential hazards; ensure work stations are ergonomically correct; provide staff with the Health and Safety Polices and Procedures and ensure compliance. Participates in all safety programs with may include assignment to emergency response team.
- Directs and evaluates the level of patient service to assure high performance by observed use of AIDET and patient surveys.
- Provides Pharmacy and Medication Management information and service as necessary to Executive Administration and Health Center Staff as needed.
- Attends required meetings and participates in Committees as assigned.
- Evaluates the adhere of the El Rio Professional Code of Conduct.
- Assures that all Pharmacy employees fulfill the mission of El Rio providing compassionate and respectful service to patients and staff.
- Maintain exceptional level of customer service; address and resolve complaints; serve as an example by providing excellent service to internal and external customers, employees, and patients. Demonstrate and consistently use and applies AIDET and Behavior Standards with all customers and ensure staff is trained periodically on customer service expectations.
- Demonstrates service excellence through the AIDET principles consistently applied with all patients, community members, co-workers and colleagues.
- Develops and directs the training of Pharmacy Staff
- Provides direction for supervisory staff to complete employee evaluations and development plans in a timely manner
- Develops, audits, evaluates and responds to individual and departmental goal performance
- Embrace and promote a professional working environment based on understanding and respect for diversity and multi-culturalism in all of its forms; demonstrate sensitivity , acknowledge varied beliefs, attitudes, behaviors and customs and encourage communication and appreciation of all forms of diversity.
- Supports community service activities and opportunities for patients and the community.
- Continues collaborative community relationships and committee involvement on local/state/national levels.
- Directs the utilization of efficient drug purchasing and resource allocation and effective practices and techniques.
- Develops, evaluates and adjust if necessary departmental financial goals and objectives. Evaluates and develops financial reports as needed.
- Provides guidance and recommendations t executive Administration in matters relating to pharmaceutical revenue efficiency.
- Evaluates financial audits
- Develops and evaluates inventory management dynamics and audits.
- Responsible for preparing and maintaining department budgets; monitoring expenses and revenue; evaluate and analyze data; strategically forecast fiscal year needs.
- Participates and supports activities that encourage and promote growth and development of services for Pharmacy and our community.
- Contribute to team effort and complies with all facility policies and procedures including but not limited to thos address HIPAA and Compliance and performs other duties as assigned.
Skills / Requirements
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. the requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.;
- Must successfully graduate from an accredited College of Pharmacy;
- Current Arizona State Board of Pharmacy Pharmacist license in good standing;
- Minimum seven (7) -ten (10) years Pharmacy Management experience Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered;
- Previous experience as a Pharmacy Director is preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical or clinical journals, financial reports and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquires or service repair opportunities, regulatory agencies or members of the business community;
- Ability to effectively present information to management public groups and or Board of Directors.
- Proficient with MS Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet;
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts and use these concepts in performance of job function; ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity , analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory and factory analysis.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions;
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- current First Aid and C.P.R. certification
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must have reliable transportation, State required automotive insurance, and current, valid Arizona Driver's License to trave to and from clinics and/or other locations.
BE SURE TO MENTION YOU SAW THIS AD ON JOBING!!