Job: Teacher II - Summit View Head Start
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
TEACHER II & IV
Job Summary: Leads classroom staff in implementing the agency's Head Start Early Childhood and Family Development program for a maximum of twenty children in a half-day program.
1. Plans, implements, and evaluates daily classroom educational curriculum.
2. Observes, plans, implements, and evaluates individualized educational and behavioral health plans for each child.
3. Completes a minimum of five scheduled home visits and parent conferences per family during the school year; when necessary, completes added parent conferences and home visits.
4. Completes health, behavioral, and developmental screening for each child; assists parents in understanding the referral process, as needed.
5. Shares individual child information and program information with parents on a regular basis.
6. Refers parents to resources within Head Start and the community.
7. Supports center manager and participates in (and evaluates) monthly parent meetings and other parent involvement activities.
Skills / Requirements
Applicants must demonstrate they hold one of the following credentials:
1. An Early Childhood degree (Associate or Baccalaureate).
2. An Associate or Baccalaureate degree in a closely related field and coursework equivalent to a major in early childhood education (21 credits in ECE).
Official or unofficial transcript must be attached to the employment application.
3. Teacher positions require two years documented work experience with preschool children.
4. To comply with the Arizona Department of Health Services‚ regulations must be at least 21 years of age.
5. Must be proficient in reading, writing, and oral communication in English, Spanish and Business Math.
A. Possess a valid Arizona driver's license and excellent driving record. Attach to application a three year driving record obtained from the motor vehicle division.
B. Must be able to drive to do home visits in a privately owned vehicle. Mileage will be reimbursed.
Federal, State, County Legal/Licensing Requirements (once hired):
A.Provide proof of immunizations: MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella), Tdap (adult Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis), and a clear Tuberculosis skin test or chest X-ray.
B. Able to pass a company paid physical exam.
C. Able to pass a FBI fingerprint and criminal record check.
D. Must be able to prove the right to work in the USA by providing appropriate documents to complete the Federal I-9 form.
E. Must provide a copy of the state-required proof of auto insurance issued by insurance company every six months.
F. Submit a current Fingerprint Clearance Card OR be subject to undergo a federal and state criminal background check AND complete the necessary paperwork for a Fingerprint Clearance Card.
Special Requirements for Classroom/Home Base and Driver Positions:
A. Must possess or have the ability to possess and keep current certification in First Aid Training.
B. Must possess or have the ability to possess and keep current certification in CPR training including Infants and Children.
1. Work or volunteer experience with groups or individuals from a variety or ethnic and socio-economic groups.
2. Prior Head Start experience.
3. Ability to read, write, speak, and understand Spanish.