Job: Technical Sales & Service Associate
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
More Jobs at Nesco Resource Tucson
Browse Similar Jobs: Sales
Nesco Resource is currently recruiting for a Technical Service & Sales opportunity for our client in TUCSON, ARIZONA
SUMMARY: Responsible for technical service and sales of packaging equipment
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide mechanical and technical service on existing equipment located throughout Southwest Region service area
- Selling equipment and negotiating profitable prices
- Helping customers with their current and future service and equipment needs
- Keep up to date with various forms of packaging equipment (ex: stretch wrap, tapers, label applicators) and upgrades to equipment.
- Educate customers on products and equipment to help them meet future business needs.
- Educating sales people about the potential applications for the various types of packaging equipment.
- Schedule service calls and change scheduling when needed.
- Provide reliable transportation to and from customer.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Technical knowledge of packaging equipment and supplies
- Independent judgment and self-motivated.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and perform effectively in a team-oriented environment
- Creative thinking and problem solving ability to meet customer needs
- Ability to persuade and negotiate in selling and servicing situations
- Network with suppliers for warranty and non-warranty parts.
- Visually identify defective parts
- Operate power tools
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in small, confined spaces with poor lighting and poor ventilation.
- The individual must be able to wear the appropriate protective equipment to accommodate the protection needs of the present hazard.
- The employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions.
- The operator will be exposed to wet and humid conditions and have to work with some dust in the atmosphere.
- Working in close proximity with moving forklift trucks is required.
- Safety Glasses and closed toe/closed heel shoes in the production and warehouse areas are required. Additional safety guidelines may be required based on customer on-site guidelines.
- During business hours and when representing our client, you are expected to present a clean, neat and tasteful professional appearance.
- Occasional travel to customers is required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
The Technical Service Specialist is required, as a minimum, to have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Must obtain and maintain supplier specific technical certifications for the types of machines in our product offering.
- 5 years of related mechanical or technical experience is required.
- Must have ability to accurately read blue prints, diagrams and schematics.
Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend English. Candidate will have the ability to read and comprehend moderate to complex instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Candidate will have the ability to write technical correspondence. Candidate will have the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
If you are interested in this position please forward resume to lrobles@NescoResource.com
At Nesco Resource, our flexible staffing solutions include contract, contract-to-hire, and direct placement services. We employ specialized recruiters focused in the fields of Engineering, Information Technology, Accounting & Finance, Administrative & Customer Service, and Manufacturing & Distribution.