Job: TUCSON CONVENTION CENTER EVENTS COORDINATOR
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Tucson Convention Center is looking for enthusiastic, creative, hard working and driven individuals to coordinate event set-ups for conferences, conventions, performing arts, trade shows, meetings, concerts and social events. This person will act in a lead capacity as well as meet with client representatives, determine set-up needs, communicate needs to other departments and schedule services and staffing.
Examples of essential duties may include:
- Performs event coordination duties by meeting with clients, determining needs, assisting clients with show budgets and other needs, answering phone calls, responding to e-mails, preparing event manifests, booking events & scheduling contract personnel and assisting with room set ups.
- Creates detailed plans and sketches specifying date, time, and location of event, equipment required and location, stage and seating requirements, lighting, electrical and staging details, concessions, security and attendant personnel requirements.
- Manages the events by providing general directions and supervision of staff and contract personnel, serving as liaison to client and show personnel, handling patron relations.
- Manages events in progress, resolves operational and procedural problems, reports any changes in original program requirements and any damages incurred as a result of the event; assures facilities are vacated at the appointed time.
- Coordinates event activities and assures compliance with City policy, fire regulations and security procedures.
- Coordinates event requirements with City departments, outside services and facility lessees to assure effective, efficient and economical event operations.
To apply, please go to the City of Tucson's Jobs website at http://www.tucsonaz.gov/sigma/JobListings.aspx
Skills / Requirements
Associate's Degree in Business Administration or closely related field and one year of professional supervisory experience in large event coordination to include planning and management; two years preferred. A valid driver's license is required. Fluent in Spanish highly desirable and completion of a leadership/management training preferred.