Job: Workforce Planning Manager
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Coventry Workers' Comp Durable Medical Equipment (DME) is currently looking for an experienced workforce management leader who thrives on working in a fast pace, rapidly growing healthcare operation. The DME Workforce Planning Manager will be responsible for managing all aspects of WFM including demand forecasting and staff planning for our front office service delivery teams, and back office operations. This exciting venture includes the opportunity to build and reshape strategic business processes and consult with senior management to drive operational efficiencies, cost containment and cost reduction. If you are a self directed leader seeking to drive change, we are looking for you!
Our business is part of a $14 billion Fortune 500 company in Tucson, AZ. We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package starting on the first day of employment, and a generous 401(k) plan with company match and immediate vesting. We also offer a generous paid time off program, tuition reimbursement, flexible spending accounts, a business casual environment, and the opportunity to work with dedicated professionals in a dynamic organization.
Responsible for managing all aspects of workforce management, including demand forecasting, staff planning, documentation of business processes, and providing recommendations to senior management with improvement action plans to deliver operational efficiencies, cost containment and cost reduction. Collaborates with operations leaders to create, plan, and implement change management initiatives.
Skills / Requirements
* Bachelor‚s degree or equivalent experience
* Significant experience in health care (usually 6-7 years) with management responsibility. Experience in managing cross-functional, self-directed teams preferred
* Previous (3-5 years) experience in business process analysis and change management preferred
* Previous (1-3 years) supervisory or project lead experience required, preferred
* Previous (3-5 years) experience in forecasting, planning, scheduling and intraday management in a large operation, preferred
* Ability to initiate and drive change
* Demonstrated process and project management ability
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Demonstrated written, verbal, and presentation communication skills