Arizona Community Physicians
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Full Time Nurse Practitioner with Endocrine Experience
at Arizona Community Physicians
Become part of Arizona Community Physicians (ACP), Arizonas largest and most successful physician-owned medical group. ACP is a patient-centered organization consisting of approximately 800 employees. Our group includes 170 providers in the specialties of family medicine, internal medicine, geriatrics, pediatrics, endocrinology, rheumatology, dermatology, and gynecology. We are located in 58 locations of varying sizes in Tucson, Oro Valley and Green Valley. Our dynamic group offers lots of opportunities for professional growth and personal satisfaction.
Arizona Community Physicians is currently seeking a full-time Nurse Practitioner to join one of our busy Endocrinology Practices.
Under the supervision of the Physician, the Nurse Practitioner collaborates in providing medical services to patients in accordance with the guidelines of the Arizona State Board of Medical Examiners governing Nurse Practitioners.
- Performs episodic and follow up care and performs exams appropriate to the chief compliant or reason for visit. Obtains a comprehensive health history, identifies medical and health risks and collects relevant subjective data. Orders appropriate diagnostic tests and accurately interprets clinical data. Formulates the appropriate differential diagnoses based on history, physical exam and clinical findings. Orders appropriate pharmacologic agents.
- Reassesses and modifies treatment plan as necessary to achieve medical and health goals. Includes preventive care in treatment plan. Seeks timely consultation with physician as appropriate. Provides and documents appropriate patient education.
- Performs administrative duties to include medical record and patient confidentiality, specimen labeling and routing, ancillary referrals, supply and pharmaceutical ordering, consent forms and waivers.
- Maintains organized system for timely call backs, related documentation and follow-through.
- Accurately and thoroughly records or dictates patient medical information including primary medical evaluations, progress notes, histories and physicals.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of managed care plans, formularies and basic referral requirements.
- Communicates effectively with front office staff regarding same day appointments, changes to schedule and related issues. Reviews appointment schedules in advance to anticipate problems with patient flow.
- Maintains current medical knowledge with continuing education.
- Promotes excellence in patient relations and customer service, emphasizing compassion, responsiveness, respect and courtesy.
Skill / Requirements
Graduate of an accredited Clinical Nurse Specialist Program/ Physician Assistant Program, current license in the State of Arizona and current ACLS certification. Three years or more experience in a primary care setting. For more information about ACP, please go to our website at www.azacp.com.