Arizona Community Physicians
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Assistants - Multiple Locations
at Arizona Community Physicians
Seeking Medical Assistants! We welcome both new graduates and experienced MA’s and offer competitive pay.
Arizona Community Physicians (ACP) is a successful physician owned medical group. We have job opportunities for Medical Assistants across our clinical offices which span from the Northwest area of Tucson to Central and East locations as well as the Southwest and Green Valley. Our offices vary in size from small to large which provides options to experience and grow in a variety of office settings. We offer an internal transfer process which affords our employees to transition into new roles and office cultures to support their interests. We also have an internal float pool and pay a 10% differential to work in the float pool. Float pool employees work across the company to support offices as needed. In some offices we have opportunities for Medical Assistants to work a combined role as both Medical Assistant for the Back Office and as a Front Office Specialist which affords additional variety in the role.
Apply with us today!
Performs medical assistant responsibilities, encompassing clinical, technical and administrative duties which support patient care and clinical operations. Works to facilitate patient flow and ensure an accurate and complete medical record for each patient. Responsibilities may vary daily depending on clinical site, physician and patient needs.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patient, recording medical history and confirming purpose of visit.
- Prepares patients for examination by performing preliminary physical tests; taking blood pressure, weight, and temperature; reporting patient history summary.
- Secures patient information by completing and safeguarding medical records, completing diagnostic coding and procedure coding and keeping patient information confidential.
- Completes specimen labeling and routing, ancillary referrals, documentation, supply and pharmaceutical ordering, consent forms and waivers.
- Maintains up-to-date resource materials (contract, ancillary and vendor grids; eligibility rosters, formularies).
- Maintains organized system for timely call backs, related documentation and follow-through.
- Accurately and thoroughly records patient concerns, phone triage and medication refills in medical record.
- Reviews appointment schedules in advance to anticipate problems with patient flow. Prior to appointments, reviews medical records to ensure most recent dictation and lab results are filed.
- Communicates effectively with front office staff regarding same day appointments, changes to schedule and related issues.
- Assists with effective medical records management by accurately completing requests for charts, and out guide cards and returning medical records to file room expeditiously.
- Maintains supply stock in exam rooms and overall inventory of supplies and pharmaceuticals.
- Maintains logs and records as required by OSHA/CLIA regulations.
- Performs other indirect patient services and clerical duties to facilitate the overall management of patient.
- Demonstrates competency in carrying out prescribed treatment plan and monitoring patient’s condition.
- Demonstrates competency in performing EKG, holter, treadmill, peak flow, pulse oximetry, spirometry, ear lavage, vitals, collecting and preparing lab specimens, in-office laboratory tests, sterilizing equipment and instruments, administering injections and medications, drawing blood, handling and disposing of contaminated supplies, removing sutures and changing dressings.
- Demonstrates competency in assisting with procedures by well executed arrangement of exam room, equipment and instruments. Demonstrates thorough understanding of OSHA/CLIA guidelines regarding universal precautions, bio hazardous safety and infection control.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Certification: A certificate from an accredited Medical Assistant (MA) program is required.
National Certification is not required
Knowledge and Skills:
- Computer proficiency and ability to quickly learn new applications
- Proficient in typing and good spelling, punctuation, grammar and oral communication
- Organizational skills with focus on tracking patient care and improving patient flow
- Professional demeanor and recognition of privacy considerations for patients and families
- Must be able to act calmly and effectively in a busy or stressful situation
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with medical staff and peers