Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Immigration Program Specialist
at Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
CPLC Immigration Program at Community Services in Tucson, AZ
CPLC Immigration is a recognized agency that provides immigration services; including naturalization, deferred action for childhood arrivals, and family-based immigration petitions services. The Program Specialist will be responsible to develop and create CPLC’s Immigration Program in Tucson, AZ. With assistance from staff from CPLC’s Immigration Program in Somerton developing program tracking and reporting systems as well as acquiring IRB accreditation. Once the Program Specialist acquires IRB accreditation both pay grade and responsibilities will shift. Provide immigration services to clients. Supervises daily operations, employees, and/or volunteers.
- Develop workflows, daily operations, including direct services, administration, and record keeping.
- Develop a plan to provide direct services
- Concept various Outreach and informational activities within the community;
- Work closely with immigration staff in Somerton for program support.
- Manages program budget, monitor funding compliance, and submit grant proposals and monthly, quarterly reports to internal and external partners and or agencies.
- Represents program at various agency and community meetings.
- Develops, clarifies and implements policies for staff.
- Works with funders to ensure continued funding of program.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with community organizations and governmental agencies to promote and expand program
- Establishes operational procedures and policies related to immigration program.
- Once certified, acquire and maintain a caseload of active clients.
- Follows all CPLC’s policies, procedures and protocols
- Must maintain a great deal of confidentiality and integrity
- Maintain satisfactory punctuality and attendance as set on the work schedule.
- Must be a collaborator and work as a team
- Working knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations regarding immigration.
- Program contract administration; ability to manage and prepare budgets and budget forecast.
- Ability to manage a fee for service, block grants funding and cost reimbursement budget
- Communicate effectively in written and oral form; develop/maintain effective working relationships
- Excellent organization skills; detail oriented
- Flexible with schedule, able to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Computer proficiency (Immigration Software preferred, Word, PowerPoint, E-mail, Internet)
- Must be able to travel to different locations throughout the state of Arizona and Out of State
- Bachelor Degree preferred
- Must possess or obtain Dept. of Justice Accreditation within a year.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required
- 2 to 4 years of related experience including supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of Immigration policies, procedures, and regulations
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Possess an Arizona Driver’s license, vehicle insurance and availability to be covered under CPLC policy.
Sitting for long periods Driving
Standing for long periods Kneel
Lifting 0-30 lbs. Bend Stoop
Typing In state and Out of State Traveling
Schedule may include working weekends and evenings as needed
Working on a computer 4- 6 hours a day
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
Employee will be expected to participate in continuous learning, competency building and maintenance of competency skills.
Work is performed in structured environments.
Reports to and is supervised directly by the . Employee is also accountable for understanding and complying with CPLC policies and procedures.