Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Location: Envision High School, Tucson, AZ
Under the direction of Principal, the School Registrar is responsible for the maintenance of student records and processing of student enrollments, attendance, transfers, and withdrawals. Provide the necessary clerical responsibilities required to assure the smooth, efficient operation of the school office. Works independently in the performance of all functions necessary to maintain an efficient and organized office in a professional and confidential manner.
Speak, read and write English. Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
Computer skills (Microsoft Office and data entry understanding).
Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
Fingerprint Clearance Card required at employee’s expense.
Job functions may be supplemented.
- Greets individuals entering the school office for the purpose of responding to inquiries, directing individuals to appropriate location/personnel and/or ensuring that all visitors have signed in on the visitor’s log.
- Communicates with a variety of people and/or agencies (e.g. other schools, students, staff, parents, etc.) for the purpose of providing information on a variety of enrollment and graduation related matters.
- Receives telephone calls, transfers call to appropriate personnel and take messages.
- Receives incoming calls from parents (guardians) regarding student absences and records
- Enters absences / tardiness on the student database.
- Reviews attendance recorder folder and checks absences.
- Maintains sign-in/sign-out log for student absences.
- Tracks and info9rms Principal of students with high absence rates or perfect attendance.
- Prepares and completes daily attendance roster.
- Informs caterer of student breakfast and lunch counts.
- Enters enrollment and attendance data into school student data software.
- Prepares student withdrawal forms and cumulative folder to complete transfer or withdrawal.
- Requests, processes and maintains incoming student’s cumulative folder in accordance with state requirements.
- Determines the students who should be withdrawn for ten or more consecutive days of unexcused absence.
- Ensures entries and withdrawals are accurate for Arizona Department of Education reports by reconciling the Enrollment and Withdrawal Register to the Custom Attendance Summary Report.
- Audits enrollment and absence data.
- Assists new students with registration.
- Verifies immunization records, birth certificates and custody/guardianship documents.
- Refers student to appropriate department if special education, ELL testing, homelessness, 45-day screening or new student screening is needed.
- Serves as a resource to school staff, students, the public and parents regarding school procedures and policies.
- Develops various reports from student database.
- May assist in the dissemination and management of student related information for finance purposes (i.e. impact aid survey).
- Types correspondence for school administration.
- May order instructional and office supplies as approved by supervisor.
- If qualified, may assist with language translations.
Employee will be expected to participate in continuous learning, competency building and maintenance of competency skills.
- Perform work that is primarily sedentary.
- May be required to work at a computer terminal for prolonged periods.
- Employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
Reports to and is supervised directly by the Principal. Employee is also accountable for understanding and complying with CPLC policies and procedures.