Diocese of Tucson
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Diocese of Tucson
Salary commensurate with experience and educational achievement
Job Status: Full Time
Reachout Women's Center
Location: Reachout Woman's Center / Tucson, AZ Exemption Status: Exempt
Job Title: Executive Director
Organization: Reachout Women's Center provides loving support, advocacy, and education for pre- and post-natal women so they may choose life for their babies. Since our founding in 1973, Reachout Women's Center has been a stable and effective institution in the Tucson community providing pregnancy testing, ultrasounds and material assistance. All of our services are free and we rely solely on private donations. Reachout is an independent ministry of the Catholic Diocese of Tucson.
The Executive Director encourages and leads in a manner that promotes the vision and the mission of the Center. Under the direction of the RWC Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for coordinating the day-to-day operations of the Center. The Executive Director builds donor relations and is actively involved in community relations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide effective leadership of Reachout Women's Center and actively direct all programs and services on a weekly basis.
- Direct all the operational aspects of the Center. Recruit, supervise, manage, train and evaluate employees annually. Ensure all programs, staff and volunteers operate consistently with the values and mission statement of the Center.
- Establish yearly goals for the Executive Director to be presented to the Board of Directors.
- Oversee yearly goal setting by each staff member to be presented to the Board of Directors.
- Represent and promote the RWC in the community at civic functions as needed.
- Maintain relationships with donors, including signing all RWC donor letters weekly with the expectation that all donors will receive a signed letter within 2 weeks of the donation. Interact as needed to cultivate new opportunities for growth and development.
- Maintain and develop new and ongoing relationships with the ecumenical community.
- Oversee the development of major fundraising and donor cultivation with the Marketing Manager.
- Analyze and manage the corporate budget and operational expenses to maximize the use of funds for the center monthly.
- Provide monthly reports to the Board of Directors, keeping them informed of essential business events and challenges and maintain a good working relationship with all members.
- Oversee the monthly development calendar and the annual development report (performed by the Marketing Director) for RWC.
- Utilize training and experience in grant writing to ensure that annual requests for funding are completed in a timely manner.
- Work collaboratively in a positive, friendly, and professional manner with all members of staff and the Board of Directors; maintain confidentiality in all matters, including sensitive personnel and business information
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
Physical/Mental Requirements: Requires coordination and manual dexterity, normal mental and visual ability; ability to lift as required in a normal office environment.
Required Activities: Walking; sitting; standing; stooping; reaching; talking; handling; hearing; and carrying.
- Belief in the sanctity of life.
- Successfully complete diocesan compliance requirements.
- A strong commitment to the mission of Reachout.
- A working knowledge of and a strong commitment to the mission of fostering lay leadership in the Catholic Church. If a baptized Catholic, must be a practicing Roman Catholic in full communion with the Church.
- Proven office management or supervisory experience .
- Demonstrated ability to recognize, analyze and solve problems; a working knowledge of operational processes.
- Ability to prioritize workload to meet constantly changing deadlines .
- Word processing experience with the ability to interact with donor databases, financial accounting systems, proficiency with information technology including Microsoft Office software.
- Excellent communications skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Punctuality, with an ability to travel locally as required. After hours and weekend work may be required.
- Excellent human relations and interpersonal skills; must be a self-starter and be well organized; must be a team player.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- The ability to successfully complete a criminal history, background and credit history check.
- Professional bearing and clean and neat personal appearance.
Required Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor's degree in business, public administration or a related field from an accredited institution or equivalent work experience.
- Management/supervisory experience in a highly active environment.
- Experience in working in a non-profit organization.
- Experience in recruiting and supervising of volunteers.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Proficiency in English and Spanish preferred.
- Experience in working with low-income and immigrant populations.
- Ability to manage emergency medical situations
To apply: https://www.diocesetucson.org/human-resources/employment-opportunities/