San Xavier Mission School
Catholic School Job Description
Job Title: Health Clerk Exemption Status: Non-exempt
Department/Location: San Xavier Mission School / Tucson, AZ
Primary Function: Under the direction of the Principal or Assistant Principal is responsible for providing care for the health and welfare of the students and staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Recognize and support the unique Catholic Mission of the school by speaking, acting, and instructing consistent with the teachings of the Catholic Church: a teacher or staff member may not espouse any doctrine inconsistent with the teachings of the Church
- Shall abide by Catholic principles in the employee’s professional and private life, and shall govern his/her professional and private life in strict accordance with Catholic morals and principles to demonstrate complete adherence to Catholic moral strictures
- Consult on a regular basis with the Principal or Assistant principal on all matters pertaining to health needs both of students and staff
- Maintain and update emergency contact information for students and staff
- In accordance with accepted health standards, maintain the school clinic, ensuring necessary emergency supplies and cleanliness at all times
- Evaluate illness and injuries; provide emergency first aid for illness and injury; call for emergency services and notify parents as necessary
- Review and maintain all health records including immunization forms, physicals, maintain manual/computer documentation of health and other history of students as required
- Assist in the preparation of state required reports; Immunization Data Report (IDR) and other reports as requested
- Assist the Admissions Office with processing of paperwork
- Document accidents occurring on school property; participate as part of the school crisis response team.
- Perform and document sensory screening of students in accord with State of Arizona requirements; submit annual mandated report
- Support the health of students with chronic conditions; oversee medication administration following diocesan medication policy; properly document parent approval
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical/Mental Requirements: Requires coordination and manual dexterity, normal mental and visual ability; ability to lift as required in a normal medical office environment.
Required Activities: Walking; sitting; standing; stooping; reaching; talking; handling; hearing; carrying; keyboarding.
- A working knowledge of and a strong commitment to the mission of fostering lay leadership in the Roman Catholic Church. If a baptized Catholic, must be a practicing Roman Catholic in full communion with the Church.
- Excellent communications skills, verbal and written; excellent human relations and interpersonal skills
- Exercise courtesy to fellow employees, parents, parishioners and the general public
- Must be a self-starter; well organized; perform multiple tasks simultaneously and work with a sense of urgency
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment; punctuality is a must at all times; ability to travel locally as required
- Proficiency in computer technology to include word-processing, and internet research;
- Clean and neat personal appearance
- Ability to successfully pass a background and criminal history check
Education and Experience:
- College Graduate from an accredited institution or equivalent education
- Prior experience in the medical field
- CPR and First Aid Certification
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Prior work experience in a school health office preferred
- Licensed Practical Nurse