Lourdes Catholic School
Job Title: Maintenance Technician Exemption Status: Non-exempt
Department/Location: Lourdes Catholic School / Nogales, AZ
Primary Function: Under the direction of the Pastor, Administrator, Business Manager, Office Manager, or School Principal is responsible for performing a variety of maintenance duties in a parish, school, or other facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform in support of the Church’s spiritual and pastoral mission
- Shall abide by Catholic principles in the employee’s professional and private life, and shall govern his/her professional and private life in strict accordance with Catholic morals and principles to demonstrate complete adherence to Catholic moral strictures;
- Perform general facility and grounds maintenance duties to include cleaning and maintenance of Church, school, or other facilities
- Maintain parish and/or school equipment including cafeteria, kitchen, restrooms and other facilities in a functional condition; recommend and oversee replacement of equipment as necessary
- Maintain records of maintenance performed as necessary
- Maintain a supply of and account for cleaning supplies and equipment; maintain an adequate inventory at all times
- Comply with chemical handling laws and safety regulations as required; maintain a safe working environment
- Maintain security of buildings, equipment, and tools
- Perform other duties as assigned
Physical/Mental Requirements: Requires coordination and manual dexterity, normal mental and visual ability; ability to lift, as required, in a normal maintenance environment.
Required Activities: Walking; sitting standing; stooping; reaching; talking; handling; hearing; carrying; lifting; and climbing ladders.
- Must have a working knowledge of and a strong commitment to the mission of the Diocese and Catholic Church; if a baptized Catholic must be in full communion with the Catholic Church.
- Excellent communications skills, verbal and written; excellent human relations and interpersonal skills
- Exercise courtesy to fellow employees, parishioners and the general public
- Must be a self-starter; well organized; perform multiple tasks simultaneously and work with a sense of urgency
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment; punctuality is a must at all times; ability to travel locally as required; weekend and overtime work may be required
- Proficiency in computer technology
- Professional bearing; clean and neat personal appearance
- Ability to successfully pass a background, criminal history, and credit history check
- A thorough knowledge of the use of the tools and equipment associated with general maintenance
- Working knowledge of heating and cooling equipment; small appliance maintenance; plumbing and fixtures; electricity
- Basic working knowledge of electricity and other utilities
- Possess a valid Arizona driver’s license
Education and Experience:
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- 2 years’ experience in a maintenance or similar environment
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred
Covenants of Employment:
Lourdes Catholic School is a Roman Catholic religious organization and that all employees are expected to respect and conduct themselves in accordance with the values, teachings and morals of the Roman Catholic Church and by Arizona state law. Under the "Zero Tolerance Policy", no one will be knowingly assigned or retained to serve in the School or Parish when that person is determined to have engaged in the abuse of a minor or to have violated boundaries in dealing with minors.