Diocese of Tucson
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Diocese of Tucson
Pay: $11.50 to $17/hour
Salary commensurate with experience and educational achievement
Job Status: Full Time
St. Christopher Parish - Marana
Job Title: Office Manager I Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Department/Location: St. Christopher Parish - Marana, AZ
Primary Function: Under the direction of the Pastor, is responsible for managing the business office operations of a small parish. This person may also manage other parish lay employees as necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Church’s spiritual and pastoral mission
- Shall abide by Catholic principles in the employee’s professional and private life, and shall govern his/her professional and private life in strict accordance with Catholic morals and principles to demonstrate complete adherence to Catholic moral strictures
- Performs as both a spiritual and administrative leader in the parish
- Manage the operations of the parish office in support of and with the approval of the pastor
- Assist the Pastor establish and execute on parish goals and objectives in accordance with Diocese of Tucson goals and objectives
- Responsible for the coordination of facilities, including buildings and grounds
- Responsible for management and maintaining of parish records
- Supervise the preparation of reports as requested by the pastor
- Implement a system of controls as necessary, to prevent irregularities or fraudulent activity and to safeguard parish funds and other assets
- Implement the proper processes for the management of key parish activities, ensuring accountability by employees assigned and others
- Insure compliance with applicable Diocese of Tucson Personnel Policies and Practices, and ensure employees are appropriately managed and evaluated; provide education and training to employees as necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned
Physical/Mental Requirements: Requires coordination and manual dexterity, normal mental and visual ability; ability to lift as required in a normal office environment.
Required Activities: Walking; sitting; standing; stooping; reaching; talking; handling; hearing; carrying; and keyboarding.
- Must have a working knowledge of and a strong commitment to the mission of the Diocese and Catholic Church; be in full communion with the Church
- Excellent communications skills, verbal and written; excellent human relations and interpersonal skills
- Exercise courtesy to fellow employees, parishioners, and the public
- Must be a self-starter; well organized; perform multiple tasks simultaneously and work with a sense of urgency
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment; punctuality is required at all times
- Ability to travel locally as required
- Proficiency in computer technology to include word-processing, spreadsheets and power point
- Professional bearing; clean and neat personal appearance
- Ability to successfully pass a background and criminal history check.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors’ degree in business or public administration or equivalent experience
- 2 years’ successful management experience
- Prior success as an office manager or equivalent in a Catholic Parish or other organization
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
To apply: https://www.diocesetucson.org/human-resources/employment-opportunities/