Our Mother of Sorrows
Job Title: Secretary/Receptionist Exemption Status: Non-exempt
Department/Location: Our Mother of Sorrows, Tucson, AZ
Primary Function: Under the direction of the Principal, is responsible for providing a variety of receptionist and administrative duties in a parish.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the school's spiritual and pastoral mission
- Shall abide by Catholic principles in the employee’s professional and private life, and shall govern his/her professional and private life in strict accordance with Catholic morals and principles to demonstrate complete adherence to Catholic moral strictures;
- Foster communication and works collaboratively with office staff.
- Answer and handle incoming telephone calls in a professional and courteous manner; Distribute mail daily; perform mailings as necessary.
- Provide assistance and provide administrative support as necessary to include typing of correspondence and other documents.
- Attend to the needs of visitors to the school; maintain front desk in good order.
- Provide support to school personnel as necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Issues regarding interpersonal relations with parents/staff should be discussed with Compliance Officer.
Physical/Mental Requirements: Requires coordination and manual dexterity, normal mental and visual ability; ability to lift as required in a normal office environment.
Required Activities: Walking; sitting; standing; stooping; reaching; talking; handling; hearing; carrying; and keyboarding.
- Must have a working knowledge of and a strong commitment to the mission of the Diocese and the parish; must be in communion with the Church
- Excellent communications skills, verbal and written; excellent human relations and interpersonal skills
- Exercise courtesy to fellow employees, parents, parishioners and the public
- Must be a self-starter; well organized; perform multiple tasks simultaneously and work with a sense of urgency
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of student and parent information
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment; punctuality is a must at all times; weekend and overtime work may be required. Possible work schedule is Monday to Friday.
- Basic bookkeeping knowledge.
- Ability to use publishing software required for the creation of the weekly bulletin, flyers and other required documents.
- Must have flexibility in work hours
- Proficiency in computer technology to include word-processing, spreadsheets and internet research; minimum typing skill of 40 WPM
- Professional bearing; clean and neat personal appearance
- Ability to successfully pass a background, criminal history, and credit history check
Education and Experience:
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- 1 years’ experience as a receptionist in a small, medium or large firm or equivalent experience
- Bilingual (English-Spanish) preferred