Emerge! Center Against Domestic Abuse
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Case Coordinator-Child & Family Services
at Emerge! Center Against Domestic Abuse
Tuesday – Friday 12:30p – 9:00p and Sat 10:00a – 6:30p *
Bilingual (English/Spanish) Preferred
*Flexibility to work outside of regular schedules as needed for monthly program activities.
Emerge Center Against Domestic Abuse provides domestic abuse intervention and prevention services, and is the largest domestic abuse service provider in Southern Arizona.
We’re committed to making our community a safer place for everyone. Join us!
In this position you will:
- Provide individual and group support services to children and families.
- Support participants from a trauma informed care approach.
- Work closely with the Program Supervisor – Family Services to implement programming and curriculum for children and families.
- Develop a network of resources throughout the community to enhance the ability to be a liaison for adult participants.
- Provide education and information to adult participants regarding the impact of abuse on their children.
- Support participants from a trauma informed care approach
- Provides support, advocacy and case management services with children and families
- Plans and facilitates educational support groups for children, focusing on domestic abuse themes and emotional literacy
- Prepares activities for children in group settings
- Prepares and facilitates family sessions and parent groups as well as individual sessions
- Ensures the safety of each child in the program through direct constant supervision of the children and their environment
- Provides parenting information, education and emotional support to adult participants about the impact of abuse on their children
- Supervises family services volunteers and interns on site in collaboration with the Program Supervisor – Family Services
- Networks with and makes appropriate referrals to community agencies, assessing available services appropriate to participants’ needs
- Provides presentations at high schools on the subject of teen dating violence and healthy relationships
- Provides community presentations on the impact of abuse on children
- Collects statistics monthly and report quarterly, includes surveys, success story, and demographics
- Adheres to agency policies and procedures and all City, County, State and Federal rules and regulations
- Associate degree, Bachelor degree preferred
- Two years related experience in the social service field and/or in the area of domestic violence
- Or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Experience working with adolescent populations preferred
- Knowledge of teen dating violence dynamics preferred
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Effective listening
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Knowledge of the dynamics of domestic violence
- Knowledge of the impact of trauma
- Knowledge of group facilitation and dynamics
- Ability to assess potential crisis situations and take appropriate action
- Ability to work well independently and be self-motivated
- Proficient computer skills including e-mail, calendars, document processing, spreadsheets and databases
- Appropriate fingerprint clearance through the Arizona Department of Public Safety
- CPR/First Aid certification
- Valid Arizona Driver License and proof of automobile insurance
(No action is needed to acquire fingerprint clearance or CPR/1st Aid prior to possible employment and Emerge will cover expenses upon employment.)
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word to impart oral information to clients or to the public and to convey detailed spoken instructions to other workers accurately or quickly
- Provide CPR/First Aid
- Must be able to lift up to twenty-five pounds
Emerge is an equal opportunity employer
To be considered for an open position at Emerge! please submit a fully completed Emerge! application. Your resume with a completed application is welcome.
Instructions for application submission:
To submit via email, download and save the application to your computer BEFORE you complete it, Open the PDF from the location you saved it to on your computer and fill out the PDF. Make sure to save your changes often. Attach the completed application it to your email and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To submit via mail, print completed application and address envelopes to:
Emerge! Center Against Domestic Abuse
2545 E. Adams St.
Tucson, AZ 85716
To submit via fax, print the completed application and fax to 520.795.1559.
Thank you for your interest in Emerge! Center Against Domestic Abuse.