Emerge! Center Against Domestic Abuse
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Emerge! Center Against Domestic Abuse
Monday – Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm*
*Flexibility is needed outside this schedule during event seasons – Oct, Nov, Dec & April
In this position you will:
- Be responsible for managing the Development database, data entry and donation correspondence to engage and retain donors, and decrease donor attrition
- Provide excellent customer service and stewardship to Emerge! donors
- Provide administrative support to the Development Department
This position requires an advanced level of skills in Outlook, Excel and Word. Highly qualified candidates who have been identified for consideration will be asked to complete a skills assessment. The assessment will include completing a variety of tasks in each program.
Emerge! Center Against Domestic Abuse provides domestic abuse intervention and prevention services, and is the largest domestic abuse service provider in Southern Arizona.
We’re committed to making our community a safer place to live, work, and play.
- Assist and respond to donor inquiries by phone and/or correspondence
- Manage in-kind donations (valuing, recording, processing, etc.)
- Prepare thank you notes, letters for signature and new donor welcome letters
- Pull mailing lists, and assist with direct mail campaigns under the direction of the Development Director
- Responsible for processing of cash, check, grant, foundation and other contributions, and generating the corresponding thank you letters for signature
- Monitor and process online donations coming in through all sources
- Work with the Finance Department on the annual audit
- Research Best Practices in the fundraising field, and stay up-to-date with Federal, State and local changes
- Maintain attendee lists and payment records for special events
- Plan and assist with special event logistics
- Help manage Development Department volunteers and interns
- Collaborate with the Development Department team in the creation and monitoring of the agency development plan
- Back-up for front desk/phone coverage daily
- Associate degree, Bachelor degree preferred
- Two years related experience in a non-profit setting
- Or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Proficiency in fundraising databases and software
- Proficiency in social media platforms – Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Advanced computer skills including e-mail, calendars, document processing, spreadsheets and databases
- Ability to create and maintain systems and processes
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills (including comfort with talking on the telephone)
- Excellent customer service skills, highly proactive, and motivated
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to meet critical deadlines in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, while taking initiative to complete projects
- Ability to work well independently and be self-motivated
- Appropriate fingerprint clearance through the Arizona Department of Public Safety
- CPR/First Aid certification
- Valid Arizona Driver License and proof of automobile insurance
(No action is needed to acquire fingerprint clearance or CPR/1st Aid prior to possible employment and Emerge! will cover expenses upon employment.)
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word to impart oral information to clients or to the public and to convey detailed spoken instructions to other workers accurately or quickly
- Must be able to lift up to fifty pounds
- Provide CPR/First Aid
- Visual acuity and hand dexterity to work with computer systems (monitor, keyboard), reports, and other data sources, reading/entering/processing data and figures
- Ability to use basic office equipment, including computer, fax machine, printers, copier/scanner, adding machine
Emerge! is an equal opportunity employer
To be considered for an open position at Emerge! please submit a fully completed Emerge! application. Your resume with a completed application is welcome.
Instructions for application submission:
To submit via email, download and save the application to your computer BEFORE you complete it, Open the PDF from the location you saved it to on your computer and fill out the PDF. Make sure to save your changes often. Attach the completed application it to your email and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To submit via mail, print completed application and address envelopes to:
Emerge! Center Against Domestic Abuse
2545 E. Adams St.
Tucson, AZ 85716
To submit via fax, print the completed application and fax to 520.795.1559.
Thank you for your interest in Emerge! Center Against Domestic Abuse.