Emerge! Center Against Domestic Abuse
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Emerge! Center Against Domestic Abuse
Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm*
- Flexibility is needed to oversee/attend meetings, events and activities which occur outside of these hours – including evenings and weekends.
Emerge Center Against Domestic Abuse provides domestic abuse intervention and prevention services, and is the largest domestic abuse service provider in Southern Arizona.
We’re committed to making our community a safer place for everyone. Join us!
In this position you will:
- Be responsible for the management, implementation and coordination oversight of Emerge’s fund development and community fundraising outreach program;
- including all donor communication, donation and acknowledgement tracking, annual giving (including special campaigns), planned giving, in-kind contributions, special events, all Domestic Violence Awareness Month (DVAM) activities, and community fundraisers
- Oversee the agency’s digital and print marketing, media relations and communication efforts
- Working with Leadership Team, ensure marketing communication efforts, special events and community fundraising efforts are aligned with the vision of the organization
- Work with Development Team members to ensure:
- details of the marketing plan (including all vehicles – print, eNews, website and social media) meet all deadlines for creative, writing, printing and distribution
- plan, develop and execute all special events
- implement an annual Domestic Violence Awareness Month Campaign, to include all events, eNews, press coverage, materials requests and social media engagement
- donations are received, accounted for and acknowledged
- media inquiries, creating press releases and monitoring outlets for relevant content
- marketing material distribution and updates
- marketing and communications for special events and special campaigns, in relationship with the Special Events Coordinator
- special web-based campaigns (AZ Gives Day, Giving Tuesday)
- Corporate Sponsorship relationships & Third Party/Community Fundraiser events
- communications with donors to honor preferences and receive feedback
- May be asked to represent the agency at community functions, meetings, associations, task forces, etc
- May have to respond to emergencies or other time-sensitive matters after normal business hours
- Adhere to agency policies and procedures and all City, County, State and Federal rules and regulations
- Attend all agency trainings and meetings as required
- Keep confidential and/or privileged and proprietary information confidential during and after employment
- Bachelor degree
- Prefer in marketing, communications or directly related field
- Four years of non-profit or community-based experience
- Or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Two years supervisory or management experience
- Extensive working knowledge of comprehensive fundraising in a nonprofit environment
- Experience in working with and engaging board members in fund development on behalf of a nonprofit organization
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to articulate and demonstrate values based leadership
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Effective listening
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Ability to work well independently and be self-motivated
- Ability to work effectively as a team member
- Proficient computer skills including e-mail, calendars, document processing, spreadsheets and databases
- Ability to travel within service area
- Appropriate fingerprint clearance through the Arizona Department of Public Safety
- CPR/First Aid certification
- Valid Arizona Driver License and proof of automobile insurance
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word to impart oral information to clients or to the public and to convey detailed spoken instructions to other workers accurately or quickly
- Provide CPR/First Aid
- Must be able to lift up to fifty pounds
- Visual acuity and hand dexterity to work with computer systems (monitor, keyboard), reports, and other data sources, reading/entering/processing data and figures
- Ability to use basic office equipment, including computer, fax machine, printers, copier/scanner, adding machine
Emerge is an equal opportunity employer
To be considered for an open position at Emerge! please submit a fully completed Emerge! application. Your resume with a completed application is welcome.
Instructions for application submission:
To submit via email, download and save the application to your computer BEFORE you complete it, Open the PDF from the location you saved it to on your computer and fill out the PDF. Make sure to save your changes often. Attach the completed application it to your email and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To submit via mail, print completed application and address envelopes to:
Emerge! Center Against Domestic Abuse
2545 E. Adams St.
Tucson, AZ 85716
To submit via fax, print the completed application and fax to 520.795.1559.
Thank you for your interest in Emerge! Center Against Domestic Abuse.