Emerge! Center Against Domestic Abuse
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Men's Education Program Facilitators
at Emerge! Center Against Domestic Abuse
Bilingual (English/Spanish) Preferred
Two shifts available
Monday – 12-8:30pm and Tuesday – Friday 8:30-5:00pm*
Monday – Wednesday & Friday 8:30-5:00pm and Thursday – 11:00am- 7:00pm*
*These positions will also work one Tuesday per month 1:00 pm to 9:30 pm and
one Saturday per month 8:30 am to 12:00 Noon
Emerge Center Against Domestic Abuse provides domestic abuse intervention and prevention services, and is the largest domestic abuse service provider in Southern Arizona.
We’re committed to making our community a safer place for everyone. Join us!
We’re seeking male facilitators for a peer education model focusing on engaging men in addressing abusive behavior as a part of Emerge’s Men’s Education Program, with the goal of creating a culture of accountability.
- Participate in required trainings regarding Men’s Education and the Men Stopping Violence model and best practices in working with men involved in the criminal justice system as well as men who are not involved in the criminal justice system
- Continue demonstrating leadership with other men by working to continue developing honest self-awareness, self-exploration, and self-accountability necessary to facilitate the curricula and program philosophy with other men
- Facilitate Men’s Education classes, scheduled Information Sessions as well as individual interviews
- track attendance, take notes of class discussions and any behaviors or comments
- Provide written/verbal feedback to men participating in classes
- Facilitate Domestic Violence Orientation on behalf of Pima County Adult Probation for new domestic violence probationers, as requested by supervisor
- Establish a working knowledge of the criminal justice system and the intersections of domestic violence counseling for offenders
- Associate degree preferred
- Two years related experience in the social service field and/or in the area of domestic violence preferred
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Valid Arizona Driver License and proof of automobile insurance
- Ability to obtain appropriate fingerprint clearance through the Arizona Department of Public Safety
- Ability to obtain CPR/First Aid certification
(No action is needed to acquire fingerprint clearance or CPR/1st Aid prior to possible employment and Emerge! will cover expenses upon employment.)
- Knowledge of intersectional approaches to community conversations about masculinity, race, poverty, violence and gender
- Crisis intervention skills
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Highly organized and able to multi-task
- Proficient computer skills including e-mail, calendars, document processing, spreadsheets and databases
- Ability to network efficiently with other agency personnel
- Work effectively as a team member
- Ability to work well independently and be self-motivated
- Effective time management skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word to impart oral information to clients or to the public and to convey detailed spoken instructions to other workers accurately or quickly
- Must be able to lift up to twenty-five pounds
- Provide CPR/First Aid
- Visual acuity and hand dexterity to work with computer systems (monitor, keyboard), reports, and other data sources, reading/entering/processing data and figures
- Ability to use basic office equipment, including computer, fax machine, printers, copier/scanner, adding machine
Emerge is an equal opportunity employer.
To be considered for an open position at Emerge! please submit a fully completed Emerge! application. Your resume with a completed application is welcome.
Instructions for application submission:
To submit via email, download and save the application to your computer BEFORE you complete it, Open the PDF from the location you saved it to on your computer and fill out the PDF. Make sure to save your changes often. Attach the completed application it to your email and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To submit via mail, print completed application and address envelopes to:
Emerge! Center Against Domestic Abuse
2545 E. Adams St.
Tucson, AZ 85716
To submit via fax, print the completed application and fax to 520.795.1559.
Thank you for your interest in Emerge! Center Against Domestic Abuse.