Fred G. Acosta Job Corps
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Career Transition Specialist (Full Time)
at Fred G. Acosta Job Corps
The Career Transition Specialist position provides support for a U.S Department of Labor Job Corps contractor Human Learning Systems, LLC. The Job Corps program is a federally-funded residential training program. The mission of Job Corps is to provide career-ready technical and academic training and job placement assistance to program eligible youth ages 16-24.
Summary of Duties:
The Career Transition Specialist duties are to ensure that all students who leave Job Corps as a graduate or former enrollee are engaged in a verified placement activity that meets DOL, Corporate and center criteria, and to ensure that they take a positive six- and twelve-month survey and have access to adequate transitional services.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Ensures timely placement and retention of graduates and former enrollees in quality placement activities.
- Places all assigned graduates within placement service period. Places forty percent of graduates within thirty days of leaving the center.
- Ensures that students take a positive six- and twelve-month survey.
- Work in conjunction with Center’s CMTs.
- Promotes job development through employers, one-stops, and state employment agencies and career transition contractors.
- Develops new company linkages each month to hire graduates and place assignees in same prior to separation.
- Provides referrals to and registers all assignees with one-stops, JTPA, and state employment agencies.
- Facilitates job upgrades for graduates. Places thirty percent of graduates prior to separation.
- Promotes a positive and desirable atmosphere within the classroom/training environment, ensuring maximum student motivation and outcomes.
- Maintains a high degree of discipline within the training area.
- Adequately prepares for instruction by integrating math, reading, and writing concepts with employability and Career Success Standards skills with lesson planning.
- Maintains a clean and clutter-free work environment.
- Develops and implements an effective course curriculum for students’ successful completion of the training program.
- Utilizes Job Corps guidelines and subject course guide. Has an accurate syllabus for the course and completes lesson plans as required.
Skill / Requirements
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 years experience working with youth.
- One year experience in sales, marketing, or counseling related services.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid state driver’s license; CPR/First Aid certifications
Fred G. Acosta Job Corps Center is an Equal Opportunity Provider and Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.