Goodwill Industries of Southern Arizona, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CDL Truck Driver
at Goodwill Industries of Southern Arizona, Inc.
Is this the job for you?
Are you looking for a job where you can improve your skills and get the training
you need and want? Are you looking for a job where you can perform well and
have opportunities for advancement? Are you looking to be a part of something
BIG that positively affects your community?
What benefits do you want?
Vacation Time - Up to 80 hours earned your first full year
Sick Time - Up to 48 hours accrued each fiscal year
My Time Off (MTO)Off (MTO) - Up to 88 hours accrued each fiscal year
Medical, dental, & vision insurance after 60 days of employment
403(b) with company match after 1 Year of employment year of employment
Tuition reimbursement - Reimbursement for courses of study that will directly enhance the employee’s potential for personal and professional growth.
Multiple optional ancillary plans available after 60 days of employment: Including Telemedicine, Short-and Long-Term Disability plans, Life Insurance, Accident insurance, Critical Illness insurance, Hospital Indemnity, Legal Assistance, Credit Monitoring, and even Pet Insurance!
20% Employee Discount
WORK WITH AMAZING PEOPLE
What you will do:
The CDL Truck Driver drives a truck and trailer; picks up and delivers merchandise donated to or purchased by
Goodwill; loads and unloads materials; completes appropriate paperwork; performs daily maintenance checks of the vehicle; and drives a forklift as required.
- Must possess a Class A Commercial Drivers License (CDL)
- One (1) years related driving experience.
- Ability to drive a truck; properly secure and distribute cargo; operate a forklift; and use lift gates and hand
- Must have general knowledge of the city; read a map; have knowledge of traffic signs; and have basic mechanical knowledge.
- Ability to read and speak the English language sufficiently to converse with the general public and have a basic math
- Must have an acceptable driving record, valid Arizona driver’s license and must be able to drive to other
- Must be 21 years old.
- Must pass DOT physical and drug screen.
- Must pass the strength and agility test with a "Medium" score or higher.
- Must pass road test.
- Must provide good customer service towards customers and co-workers.
- Must be able to provide direction to Truck Drivers and Material Handlers and follow up as necessary.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds and be able to stand for long periods at a time; bend, reach and stretch repeatedly
during a shift.
- Applicant will need to provide a copy of a recent 39 month Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) if contacted for an
This position is subject to a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and
responsibilities. Only job-related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify the candidate.
We encourage national service members, veterans, and their family members to apply.
Location: Tucson, AZ