Tucson Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Student Placement Coordinator
at Tucson Medical Center
Develops, coordinates and monitors the student placement program. Facilitates/oversees the “GO! Program” which includes the Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) and Phlebotomy Internships, ensuring their compliance with government and TMC regulations and policies. Responsible for administering Tuition Reimbursement for nursing certification and scholarship programs. Oversees operations of the Clinical Training Center. Registers participants for education courses and other designated hospital courses and training activities. Coordinates scheduling of education classroom facilities and equipment. Develops and maintains database for courses, tuition reimbursement, and scholarship programs.
Monitors/reviews/approves educational contracts prior to clinical rotation assignments. Ensures all contracts are current.
Facilitates student placements for nursing students, CNAs, PCTs, MAs, Radiology, Pharmacy, Dietary, Laboratory, all Therapies, Respiratory Care, Nurse Practitioners, and Facility Services.
Works with all school representatives, managers/directors, and clinical educators to ensure the proper placement of the students.
Assigns CBT and EPIC codes for students and instructors, and Pyxis codes for instructors. Inactivates or deletes codes when appropriate.
Develops and maintains positive relationships with all faculty to include resolving instructor issues and updating faculty on all policies and procedures. Liaison between TMC and the schools/faculty in regards to student issues.
Ensures students are compliant with TMC policies/procedures; maintains proper files/documentation on each student.
Responsible for the administration of Tuition Reimbursement for nursing and certification scholarships. Processes requests for expense reimbursements, payment of invoices, and disbursement of checks. Monitors student payments/contracts, accounts payable—payment to schools, check requests—general, . Enters or retrieves data from established computer files; compiles and computes data for routine business reports. Dispatches finished reports to designated persons for approval and signature. Generates reports using Microsoft Excel & Word when requested by Payroll, Finance, Administration, and our Government funding agencies.
Coordinates the Government-funded GO! Program. Partners with JTED and Tucson Youth Development to provide programs to eligible high school students interested in a healthcare career. Current programs include: PCT training with a clinical externship, and phlebotomy training with a phlebotomy externship. Ensures all students are compliant with TMC policies and maintains proper files/documentation on each student.
Responsible for the operations of the Clinical Training Center to include: room scheduling, classroom and skills lab set up/tear down according to class requirements, equipment maintenance, equipment loans, coordination of hazardous waste removal, assists educators with audio visual equipment, and serves as a resource person to TMC educators and staff, and instructional personnel.
Participates in professional organizations and actively networks to share information and ideas; works effectively to establish mutually beneficial relationships with community and governmental agencies.
Arranges appointments and meetings; coordinates meeting and agenda materials; may take meeting minutes; maintains and updates calendars.
Provides clerical support as necessary, including typing letters/memoranda, policies/ procedures, committee minutes, forms, and other general typing.
Works with Human Resources to determine open positions and then work with schools to place students at TMC to help recruit for such disciplines as PCTs, Pharmacy Techs., Phlebotomists and RNs.
Maintains web page for Training and Education.
Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times.
Exhibits excellence in customer service through appropriate attitude and interaction with all visitors, staff and team members.
Adheres to and supports staff in exhibiting TMC values of integrity, community, compassion, and dedication. Works collaboratively and supports efforts of other team members.
Adheres to TMCH organizational and department-specific safety, confidentiality, values, policies and standards.
Performs related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in a related field or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of two years of experience in a training environment preferred. Should possess knowledge of hospital/patient unit functionality to aid with proper student placements. Strong commitment to diversity and to the highest standards of education, teaching and service.
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION: None Required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and advocacy skills.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to listen and accurately interpret others’ communication or instructions to take appropriate action.
- Ability to effectively speak before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to inquiries or complaints from employees, patients and/or their representatives, and the general public.
- Demonstrates effective IT skills and familiarity, such as basic functionality of the computer, PC Files and Folders, Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, email and attachment capabilities. Skill in maintaining database and filing systems.
- Ability to calculate figures and compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs; ability to apply basic algebraic concepts.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions; ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.