Marana Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
19-617 Small Equipment Mechanic
at Marana Unified School District
Job Reference #: 1325
Openings as of 2/18/2019
- 19-617 Small Equipment Mechanic JobID: 1325
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Maintains grounds equipment such as blowers, spreader, trimmers, chainsaws, tillers, mowers, tractors, ATV’s and attachments, etc.
- Performs preventive maintenance by replacing/refreshing fluids, changing filters and worn belts, greasing and lubricating moving parts.
- Perform diagnostic procedures to identify problems.
- Operate all equipment used for maintaining school grounds.
- Maintain records of repairs and preventive maintenance.
- Maintains inventory of parts and prepares purchase request.
- Some welding is required.
- Knowledge of tools, equipment, and materials of small engine repair and maintenance.
- Ability to understand equipment specifications and schematics.
- Ability to work unsupervised in a safe and sufficient manner.
- Ability to work cooperatively with staff and community members.
- Perform all duties in accordance with district procedures and policies.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum two years of small equipment and or automotive repair and maintenance.
- Valid Arizona Driver License.
Perform preventive maintenance and repairs on small engines and other grounds related equipment.
Disclaimer: The following duties are not intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification, only a representative summary of primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional position specific duties.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations mat be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to reach with hands and arms and operate hand tools. The employee is frequently required to sit, bend, stoop, climb, stand, walk and operate foot controls simultaneously. The employee may be required to lift or move up to 100 pounds.
Indoor and outdoor shop environment varying weather conditions, exposure to extreme temperatures, dust, noise and fumes, with a possibility of exposure to hazardous substances. Will have contact with students, employees and the public.
*****Internal candidates must submit a request for transfer form signed by your site administrator within 5 working days of the posting date. ******
$15.10/hour (ASRS Retirees will have a lower hourly rate due to the Alternate Contribution Rate)
12 Month position - 8 hours/day
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Discrimination against an otherwise qualified individual with a disability or any individual by reason of race, color, religion, sex, age, or national origin, is prohibited. Efforts will be made in recruitment and employment to ensure equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!