Marana Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
20-656 Vehicle Mechanic
at Marana Unified School District
Job Reference #: 2194
Openings as of 4/3/2020
- 20-656 Vehicle Mechanic JobID: 2194
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Transportation POSITION SUMMARY
- Performs diagnosis, repair and/or replacement of parts on district vehicles and equipment as directed to include; wheelchair lifts, diesel, gasoline, and LPG/CNG engines, transmissions, axles, rear ends, suspension systems, hydraulic systems, electrical systems, upholstery, minor body repairs and other automotive/equipment components.
- Performs preventive maintenance inspections and services.
- Updates and maintains service/repair records.
- Determine nature/extent of repairs necessary to make vehicle/equipment safe and operable; advise users of possible causes of operating problems.
- Responds to vehicle breakdowns in the field.
- Complies with all safety policies, rules and regulations.
- Maintains tools and equipment.
- Ensures all work areas are maintained in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of tools, equipment, methods and practices used to inspect, diagnose, maintain and repair mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and electronic systems on a wide variety of vehicles and equipment.
- Working knowledge of welding and fabrication..
- Ability to operate various motor vehicles and operate a forklift.
- Ability to positively communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Ability to work cooperatively and courteously with staff, and community members.
- Perform all duties in accordance with district procedures and policies.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3 years previous vehicle maintenance and vehicle and equipment mechanical and electrical repair experience.
- Class B CDL or ability to obtain one.
- ASE or vehicle manufacture certification preferred.
- Any equivalent combination of training, education and experience that meets minimum requirements.
Under general direction of the Vehicle Mechanic Supervisor, performs maintenance and repair of district vehicles and equipment in accordance with accepted automotive service/repair industry standards and district policy.
Disclaimer: The following duties are not intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification, only a representative summary of primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional position specific duties.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to reach with hands and arms and operate hand tools. The employee is frequently required to sit, bend, stoop, climb, stand, walk and operate foot controls simultaneously. The employee may be required to lift or move up to 100 pounds.
Indoor shop environment and outdoors in all weather conditions; exposure to extreme temperatures, dust, noise and fumes; possible exposure to hazardous substances. Will have contact with students, employees and the public.
*****Internal candidates must submit a request for transfer form signed by your site administrator within 5 working days of the posting date. ******
$17.92/hour (ASRS Retirees will have a lower hourly rate due to the Alternate Contribution Rate)
12 Month position - 8 hours/day
Discrimination against an otherwise qualified individual with a disability or any individual by reason of race, color, religion, sex, age, or national origin, is prohibited. Efforts will be made in recruitment and employment to ensure equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!