Marana Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
School Psychologist Intern - Job #20-187
at Marana Unified School District
Job Status: Internship
Job Reference #: 1789
Categories: Non-Profit/Social Services, Healthcare - Behavioral/Mental Health, Healthcare - ALL CATEGORIES
Openings as of 9/20/2019
- School Psychologist Intern - Job #20-187 JobID: 1789
- Position Type:
Professional/Exempt Non-Teaching/Psychologist Intern
- Date Posted:
Exceptional Student Services
- Observes and while supervised conducts psychological assessments, testing and diagnostic examinations of students for the purpose of recommending courses of action or corrective procedures to maximize learning and overcoming psychological issues.
- Observes and while supervised conducts individual, group or facilitative therapy for students whose diagnosed problems would benefit from behavior modification or differentiated instruction.
- Assists with the identification and placement of all types of exceptional students.
- Observes and while supervised coordinates with administrators and other teaching staff members to ascertain individual student's abilities and needs, including students with special needs, and to familiarize stakeholders with psychological services.
- Participate in Child Study Team, IEP, and MET meetings as needed to support all students.
- Serves as a resource and consultant on mental health and child psychology, conducts in-service programs as requested.
- Observes and while supervised serves as ready resource to students to provide counseling that will lead each student to increased personal growth, self-understanding, and maturity.
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops or professional meetings, or by conducting research, and by maintaining professional relationships.
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping and providing student information to prospective colleges and employers, as required by district procedures and applicable laws.
- Encourages parental involvement in students' education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
- Selects and requisitions appropriate books, aids and other supplies and equipment and maintains inventory records.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of child psychology principles, assessments, methods, behavior modification, etc., and current developments in child psychology.
- Knowledge of differentiated instruction based upon student learning styles.
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the formulation of action plans.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students.
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
- Enrolled in a Masters Degree in Psychology program from accredited institution
- Valid Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card
POSITION SUMMARYUnder the general supervision of the Director of Exceptional Student Services assists students, teachers and parents in enabling students to derive the fullest potential educational experience from school by promoting positive self-esteem and resilience, and providing suggested methods and plans for overcoming psychological or mental health problems.
The following duties are not intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification, only a representative summary of primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional position specific duties.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
$20,486.00 “ASRS Retirees will have a lower salary due to the Alternate Contribution Rate”
***9 Month Contracted Position - Exempt Position (8 hours per day)
Discrimination against an otherwise qualified individual with a disability or any individual by reason of race, color, religion, sex, age, or national origin, is prohibited. Efforts will be made in recruitment and employment to ensure equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!