Oasis Behavioral Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Behavioral Health Technician - Night Shift
at Oasis Behavioral Health
Sonora is the Leading Behavioral Health Hospital in Tucson, Arizona. We are looking for a dedicated Behavioral Health Tech responsible for providing personal care services to patients at the facility under the direction of nursing leadership. Successful candidates will demonstrate a positive, empathetic and professional attitude towards patients and recognize that patient safety is a top priority.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency related to the importance of patient safety and provide excellent customer services.
- Ensure the well-being of patients and provide a positive, supportive and structured environment.
- Responsible for conducting safety checks and ensuring that supervision is conducted at 15 minute intervals, as noted in special precautions, or in accordance with individualized supervision guidelines as needed.
- Document timely, accurate and appropriate clinical information in patient's medical record.
- Assist in providing a safe, secure and comfortable environment for patients, significant others and staff.
- Interact routinely with patients, observe behaviors and communicate significant observations to nursing staff.
- May oversee or assist patients with activities of daily living, including toileting, bathing, dressing, grooming, oral hygiene, meals, snacks, hydration and changing bed linens.
- May obtain patient's vital signs, height and weight as assigned and document in patient record.
- Facilitate patient educational-rehabilitative groups which cover a variety of topics including social skills, coping skills, anger management and independent living skills.
- Engage patients in activities and interactions designed to encourage achievement of treatment goals.
- Complete and maintain required documentation. Assist with follow-up and paperwork as required on incidents and events that may take place in the facility.