Oasis Behavioral Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Office Coordinator
at Oasis Behavioral Health
Sonora Behavioral Health, Tucson's largest inpatient psychiatric hospital, is looking for a full time Biller/Collector to join our team. The Biller/Collector is responsible for accurate, timely and complete documentation regarding insurance verification, billing and collections. We are seeking an individual who is able to work in a fast paced department, meet deadlines with accuracy, and effectively communicate with different departments in our hospital.
BILLER/COLLECTOR PURPOSE STATEMENT:
Responsible for accurate, timely and complete documentation regarding insurance verification, billing and collections.
- Responsible for verification and interpretation of insurance benefits and establishing financial arrangements with guarantor/patient.
- Estimate patient out-of-pocket and make financial arrangements with guarantor/patient. Post payment and follow up with claims.
- Prepare and review all billing forms to ensure accuracy and completeness for claims submission to insurance carriers and back up for Medicare and Medicaid claims.
- Process claims electronically or hard copy with 100% accuracy and mail claims to insurance carriers timely.
- Enter documentation and adjustments through computer system to maintain a correct account balance.
- Update system information according to correspondence received and processed. Document any changes and submit to appropriate staff.
- Review charge summaries on each patient bill that is produced and identify discrepancies with 100% accuracy.
- Consistently apply appropriate procedures to prevent accounts from becoming delinquent or remaining unbilled.
- Initiate appropriate follow-up and collection calls.
- Review remittance advice statements for payments and adjustments on a daily basis and initiate appropriate data entry for patient charge or account discrepancy on review.
- Identify denial and pending reasons and investigate, resolve and initiate information to secure reimbursement.
- Perform other functions and tasks as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have at least 3 years' experience in related field.
- Must have extensive knowledge and understanding of Commercial Insurance and Medicare/Medicaid.