Oasis Behavioral Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Integrative Therapist Lead (SE / EMDR)
at Oasis Behavioral Health
Overview/Summary of Position:
The Integrative Therapist Lead will:
Be responsible for managing the Somatic Experiencing and EMDR department. Areas of responsibility include: train staff to be fluent with documentation in the new EHR system as well as scheduling follow up sessions with residents. Oversee the provision of staff coverage, office space, office and therapeutic equipment. Manage the supervision of Somatic Experiencing and EMDR therapists and facilitating Clinical Supervision where needed, Approve and monitor payroll requirements. Arrange quarterly, individual, group and departmental meetings. Provide job performance evaluations for the Somatic and EMDR department and involvement in Performance Improvement and Program Development projects when needed. Integrative Lead will work closely with the Care Planners to monitor resident wait list numbers and staff schedules to ensure residents receive services in a timely manner. Integrative Lead will also manage staff rotation of the SE and EMDR orientation groups.
Integrative Therapist Lead works closely with Human Resources to assure compliance with mandatory trainings required for State and Hospital licensure for the Somatic Experiencing and EMDR therapists.
Integrative Therapist Lead will work with the Clinical Director and other coordinators to support cross training between departments, as well as supporting Clinical Director in providing coverage for all areas within the Program Department if needed.
This position will also require providing individual sessions for residents, however, at reduces numbers in order to manage Lead duties.
The Integrative Lead will need to have completed training and have at least three
years clinical work experience in either EMDR or Somatic Experiencing and will need to
be able to;
- Develop effective working relationships with patients in the areas of engagement,
collaboration, advocacy and problem solving.
- Assure that patient rights are protected.
- Utilize appropriate interventions for patients in emotional crisis.
- Effectively employ principles of communication techniques, interview techniques, problem solving and crisis intervention.
- Interface with other staff regarding patient treatment when necessary.
- Assess and identify the nervous system functioning and how it relates to the psychosocial and behavioral functioning of patients.
- Educate patients regarding the functioning of the nervous system and how it affects their recovery.
- Provide experiential learning to demonstrate the patient’s ability to effectively regulate their nervous system.
- Stay current with developments in the field of Somatic Experiencing and EMDR.
Completion of three-year program of study in Somatic Experiencing, or 2 initial trainings with EMDR with certificate of completion of same.
Experience and/or understanding in other body-centered therapies.
Education, Experience, and Skills required:
Background in psychotherapy and counseling with 3-5 years experience in the field of treatment of trauma, eating disorders, complex pain and addiction.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to work in team approach in treatment of trauma, eating disorders, complex pain and addiction.
Certificate of completion of educational program required.
Prefer Independent Licensure as Professional Clinical Counselor, Professional Counselor or Licensed Clinical Social Worker or same.
X FINGERING, HANDLING
X PROLONGED SITTING
X EYE-HAND COORDINATION: DEXTERITY REQUIRED
X VISION REQUIREMENTS
X PHYSICAL COORDINATION
X PERFORMING ROUTINE, REPETITIVE DUTIES
X WORKING ALONE
X WORKING AS PART OF A GROUP
X PERFORMING A VARIETY OF DUTIES
X RECEIVING INSTRUCTIONS
X GIVING INSTRUCTIONS