Oasis Behavioral Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Oasis Behavioral Health
Assess and evaluate patient through the use of case history, interview and observation. Provide individual or group counseling services to assist individuals in achieving more effective personal, social, educational and vocational development/adjustment. Diagnose or evaluate mental and emotional disorders of individuals through observation, interview and psychological tests, as well as formulate and administer programs of treatment.
- Assess and diagnose patient utilizing specialized knowledge and skills.
- Develop and implement patient care plans based on area of defined clinical expertise, risk and overall patient care complexity and identifies desired patient outcomes.
- Prescribe and manage medications by the prescriptive authority allowed within the state the facility operates.
- Evaluate and monitor patient outcome and response to care using current best practice guidelines and developed clinical protocols.
- Provide clinical leadership in assessment, treatment planning, general healthcare, medical and psychosocial approaches.
- Collaborate with clinical staff in assessment, treatment planning, general healthcare and a review of patient progress and treatment.
- Provide consultation and training to other team members regarding the patient medical psychological care, including pharmacologic management needs.
- Conduct psychological assessments. Educate consumers and their families regarding medications/symptoms/illness/side effects upon request.
- Collaborate with other providers as necessary.
- Participate in the on-going assessment and therapeutic engagement of patient.
- Order, interpret and evaluate laboratory tests and other diagnostic studies appropriate for patient care.
- May administer psychological testing, scoring and interpreting psychological tests, and advise others on the appropriateness of psychological testing. May perform evaluations of personality and cognitive functioning.
- Demonstrate a positive, empathetic and professional attitude towards customers always. When patient needs are not met, acknowledge and work to resolve complaints. Recognize that patient safety is a top priority.
- Perform other functions and tasks as assigned.
- Master's or PhD in Psychology from an accredited college or university required, level determined by the state in which the facility is operating.
- Three or more years' experience post Masters preferred.
- Able to use various modalities, including individual, couples, family and group psychotherapy.
- One year experience required in a supervisory capacity in a mental health treatment program, preferably including both clinical and administrative supervision.
- Current professional license, per state regulations/requirements.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license, maintain automobile insurance coverage and have access to an automobile, where facility requires.
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the requirements of the job, management reserves the right to add or remove duties from particular jobs when circumstances
(e.g. emergencies, changes in workload, rush jobs or technological developments) dictate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. Additional duties and responsibilities may be required of the job holder based upon business needs and at the request of Facility.