Oasis Behavioral Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Somatic Experiencing Therapist
at Oasis Behavioral Health
Overview/Summary of Position:
The Practitioner of Somatic Experiencing or Sensorimotor Psychotherapist will:
• Develop effective working relationships with patient in the areas of engagement, collaboration, advocacy and problem solving.
• Assess and identify the nervous system functioning and how it relates to the psychosocial and behavioral functioning of patients
• Assure that patient rights are protected
• Utilize appropriate interventions for patients in emotional crisis
• Effectively employ principles of communication techniques, interview techniques, problem solving and crisis intervention
• Interface with other staff regarding patient treatment when necessary
• Educate patients regarding the functioning of the nervous system and how it affects their recovery
• Provide experiential learning to demonstrate the patient’s ability to effectively regulate their nervous system.
• Stay current with developments in the field of Somatic Experiencing
Completion of program of study in either Somatic Experiencing or Sensorimotor Psychotherapy with certificate of completion of same.
Education, Experience, and Skills:
Masters level education required.
Background in psychotherapy and counseling with 3-5 years experience in the field of treatment of trauma, eating disorders, mood disorders or addiction.
Excellent therapeutic skills.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ability to work in team approach in treatment of trauma, eating disorders, and addiction
Certificate of completion of educational program required.
Prefer License as Professional Clinical Counselor, Professional Counselor, Social Worker or Marriage and Family Therapist.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. Additional duties and responsibilities may be required of the job holder based upon business needs and at the request of Facility.