Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
1257 - Purchasing/Warehouse Supervisor (Warehouse Supervisor)
at Pima County
- Position Description
This position is in the Health Department. OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
Salary Grade: 46
This classification organizes, supervises and coordinates the purchasing, procurement, warehousing and issue of supplies, equipment and related services for a Department or major functional area within a Department. It is distinguished from other County procurement and Buyer classifications by its specialization in the assigned Department's general and specialized supplies, equipment and services and supervision of warehousing operations.
(Work assignments may vary depending on the department's needs and will be communicated to the applicant or incumbent by the supervisor.)
Coordinates and supervises the functions involved in the purchase, requisition, receipt, storage, issuance, delivery and disposal of supplies and equipment peculiar to assigned Department;
Supervises, trains and evaluates employees;
Prepares, reviews and executes purchase requisitions, bid specifications and like materials for conformance to good buying practices and pertinent Departmental, County, State and Federal rules, regulations, policies and procedures;
Coordinates the emergency loan or procurement of vital supplies and equipment;
Develops, recommends, implements and enforces purchasing, procurement, warehousing, issue, receipt and disposal of supplies, equipment and services;
Participates in preparing and monitoring unit, division and Departmental budgets;
Coordinates or recommends changes to stock levels, types, quantities and quality of supplies and equipment required for Department operations;
Prepares, or assures timely preparation of, manual, automated and computer-based records, reports and inventory tracking reports, analyses and related documentation;
Conducts or attends bid openings to provide additional information regarding specified supplies, equipment and services, and prepares/executes bid award documents for the Board of Supervisors.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- County procedures, policies and practices for procurement of supplies, equipment and services;
- principles and practices of warehousing, inventorying, receipt and issue of materiel;
- manual and automated/computerized inventory control systems;
- Department-unique supplies, equipment and services required to support operations;
- principles and techniques of employee supervision, evaluation and training;
- principles and practices of workplace safety, materials handling, and receipt, storage and disposal of hazardous materials peculiar to the area of assignment;
- applicable Departmental, County, State, Federal and accreditation body rules, regulations and standards forreceipt, storage, issue and disposal of materials, and required minimum stock levels.
- developing and implementing operating procedures and instructions;
- preparing Requests For Proposals, bids and like procurement documentation;
- supervising, evaluating and training employees;
- developing, implementing and enforcing operating standards, policies and procedures;
- maintaining manual, automated and computerized inventory and operating records;
- preparing routine, recurring and special reports;
- communicating effectively.
- Minimum Qualifications
(1) A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in purchasing, materials management, public administration or a related field and one year of supervisory experience in purchasing, procurement, warehousing, receipt and issue of supplies and equipment.
(2) Four years of general experience in purchasing, procurement, warehousing, receipt and issue of supplies and equipment and two years of supervisory experience in the same area.
(Note: Supervisory experience may be concurrent with general experience.)
(3) Three years of experience with Pima County as a Buyer, Senior Buyer, or Principal Buyer and one year of warehousing supervisory experience.
(4) Two years of experience with Pima County as a Fleet Parts Manager or Warehouse Supply Supervisor.
Qualifying education and experience must be clearly documented in the "Education" and "Work Experience" sections of the application. Do not substitute a resume for your application or write "see resume" on your application.
Preferred Qualifications (Be specific in describing your experience in your application. Ensure the descriptions provided illustrate your competencies, specifically addressing the required and preferred qualifications.):
- Purchasing, receiving and distribution management experience.
- Inventory management experience.
- Four (4) or more years in material management for a large-scale department, agency or organization with regulatory, compliance or supervisory duties.
- Administrative and warehousing software/computer experience.
- Clinical supplies and medication warehouse experience.
- Experience working for Pima County.
Pima County Human Resources Department reserves the right to admit to the selection process only those candidates that meet the minimum/desired qualifications. All applications will be assessed based on an evaluation of the listed education and experience. Candidates meeting the minimum/desired qualifications may be further evaluated/scored against any advertised Preferred Qualifications. The hiring authority will interview and select the successful candidate from a referral list provided by Human Resources. Additional assessments/testing may be required as part of the selection process.
- Supplemental Information
Licenses and Certificates: Valid driver license is required at time of application. Valid AZ driver's license and access to a registered/insured vehicle for business travel is required (business mileage reimbursed) at time of appointment. The successful applicant will be subject to a 39-month DOT Motor Vehicle Record review to determine applicant's suitability to operate county vehicles in accordance with Pima County administrative procedures. Failure to obtain and maintain the required licenses and certifications shall be grounds for termination. Any offer of employment resulting from this recruitment is contingent upon Fleet Services' review and approval of the candidate's driving record.
Special Notice Item: The County requires pre-employment background checks. Successful candidates will receive a post-offer, pre-employment background screening to include verification of work history, education and criminal conviction history. A prior criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify a candidate from employment with the County.
Physical/Sensory Requirements: Physical and sensory abilities will be determined by position.