Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
1454 - Training & Development Officer
at Pima County
- Position Description
There are two (2) positions in the Management Training Division of the Human Resources Department. OPEN UNTIL FILLED with 1st screening on 11/18/2019.
Salary Grade: 56
Plans, develops, coordinates and conducts Information Technology (IT), Human Resources or Safety courses for delivery to employees County-wide. Develops documentation, procedures and practices according to specific IT, Human Resources or Safety project requirements for all County Departments, including Elected Officials. This job classification is differentiated from the Training & Education Coordinator job classification by its focus on providing courses for delivery to employees across the entire County instead of courses for a specific department.
(Work assignments may vary depending on the department's needs and will be communicated to the applicant or incumbent by the supervisor.)
Instructs County employees in IT, Human Resources or Safety applications and practices in a classroom or mobile setting using interactive audio-video equipment;
Designs and develops curricula specific to IT, Human Resources or Safety;
Designs, develops and create online courses ensuring SCORM (Sharable Content Object Reference Model);
Ensures accuracy, completeness, flow, balance and clarity of understanding of curriculum;
Reviews and modifies lessons, materials, labs and instruction to optimize the course value within the allotted course time;
Evaluates and recommends new or revised training programs such as computer based training and interactive training to management;
Monitors individual training performance and provides assistance when necessary;
Creates, schedules and confirms class attendance in a Learning Management System;
Provides, when necessary, individual instruction;
Coordinates specialized training with outside vendors or other technical experts;
Maintains a library of instructional and informational materials;
Reviews, develops, plans and provides properly formatted electronic and physical documents;
Designs informational materials, brochures, fliers and training aids for internal and external publications, learning and assessment centers;
Participates in evaluations of new/proposed IT, Human Resources or Safety systems, projects and co-leads continuous improvement efforts within scope of responsibility;
Creates and responds to Online Service Catalog tickets from clients;
Creates surveys and reports for client departments;
Presents Information Technology Department (ITD), Human Resources or Safety policies, procedures, initiatives in New Employee Orientation;
Assists in the development and enforcement of client environment configuration and deployment procedures, and practices;
Communicates information to and between client Departments and other relevant resources;
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- educational methods and techniques;
- English grammar, punctuation and spelling;
- information systems software applications;
- computer systems and related peripheral devices;
- information systems concepts and terminology;
- operation and maintenance of computer hardware, peripheral devices and audio-video equipment;
- current computer hardware and software IT, Human Resources or Safety trends and updates;
- desktop or other operating systems and affiliated software components, services, protocols and technologies, to include desktop applications (e.g., Outlook, Excel, OneNote, Word, PowerPoint, Adobe Forms) and other vendor commercial applications (WebCMS, OnBase) interfaced into client computing and communications environment;
- security standards relating to IT, Human Resources or Safety and procedures within Pima County;
- adult learning techniques and theories.
- Windows-based operating systems and MS Office products;
- applying and teaching IT software applications, Human Resources and safety concepts and processes to groups and individuals, tailoring instructional strategies and learning activities to learner needs in each class;
- designing synchronous and asynchronous training courses for adult learners;
- communicating effectively, both orally and in writing with internal and external customers/vendors;
- operating and maintaining computer hardware, software and audio-video equipment;
- organizing workload, being proactive and managing a wide variety of customer requests simultaneously with minimal supervision and direction; operating within a fast paced, highly technical environment;
- working in stressful situations and with challenging individuals;
- writing procedures and work instructions;
- operating as a member of a team;
- employing quality skill sets and diagnostic tools;
- being resourceful, self-managed, customer focused and demonstrated ability to maintain a solid understanding of client computing and communications deployment, configuration, upgrade and integration concepts;
- employing diagnostic, analytical and conceptual skills with detailed orientation.
- Minimum Qualifications
A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college, university or technical school with a major in computer science, information systems, geographic information systems, public administration, business administration, human resources, management, training and development or a closely related field as defined by the Appointing Authority and two years of professional level experience developing or evaluating lesson plans and conducting training in a formal classroom setting.
(Additional relevant experience may substitute for the education requirements.)
Qualifying education and experience must be clearly documented in the "Education" and "Work Experience" sections of the application. Do not substitute a resume for your application or write "see resume" on your application.
(Be specific in describing your experience in your application. Ensure the descriptions provided illustrate your competencies, specifically addressing the required and preferred qualifications.):
- Experience with Human Resources best practices, organizational policies and legal mandates.
- Experience conducting in-person employee group training for adult learners.
- Experience creating training courses for delivery to employees.
- Experience instructing in different modalities (e.g., classroom, online, etc.).
Pima County Human Resources Department reserves the right to admit to the selection process only those candidates that meet the minimum/desired qualifications. All applications will be assessed based on an evaluation of the listed education and experience. Candidates meeting the minimum/desired qualifications may be further evaluated/scored against any advertised Preferred Qualifications. The hiring authority will interview and select the successful candidate from a referral list provided by Human Resources. Additional assessments/testing may be required as part of the selection process.
- Supplemental Information
Licenses and Certificates: All positions require a valid Arizona Class D driver license at the time of application. The successful applicant will be subject to a 39-month DOT Motor Vehicle Record review to determine applicant's suitability to operate county vehicles in accordance with Pima County administrative procedures. Any offer of employment resulting from this recruitment is contingent upon Fleet Services' review and approval of the candidate's driving record. Failure to maintain the required licensure shall be grounds for termination.
Special Notice Items: The County requires pre-employment background checks. Successful candidates will receive a post-offer, pre-employment background screening to include verification of work history, education and criminal conviction history. A prior criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify a candidate from employment with the County.
Physical/Sensory Requirements: Physical and sensory abilities will be determined by position.