Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
3164 - LAN Administrator - County Attorney
at Pima County
- Position Description
This position is with the Pima County Attorney's Office. OPEN UNTIL FILLED. First screening 8/30/2019.
Salary Grade: P5
Provides professional administrative assistance for management and/or current and long range automated related activities. Provides technical software and hardware support for minicomputer, microcomputer and Local Area Network (LAN) systems.
For more information about the Pima County Attorney's Office, please visit their website at http://www.pcao.pima.gov.
(Work assignments may vary depending on the department's needs and will be communicated to the applicant or incumbent by the manager/director.)
Conducts systems analysis to identify processes, work and information flow, and develops systems and applications for more efficient and effective operations;
Assists and coordinates with other County departments in identifying and defining program elements and specifications of systems development;
Designs, programs, operates, maintains, tests and refines specialized computer systems;
Reviews support systems and prepares purchasing recommendations;
Assists in the departmental, divisional and operational planning, direction and administration;
Attends various administrative meetings to provide specialized technical expertise;
Installs, configures and tests various types of operating systems and hardware for departmental minicomputer and LAN systems;
Installs and configures system peripherals, such as disk sub-systems, tape back-up systems, controllers, network interface boards, back-up systems and other related systems and peripherals;
Makes effective recommendations concerning LAN microcomputer strategies to the department concerning systems acquisitions, enhancements and upgrades;
Evaluates operating system and application software for multi-user systems;
Conducts diagnostic tests on hardware, cabling, peripherals and software;
Conducts technical analysis of capacity, response time and work load and makes systems growth projections;
Defines and controls systems security.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- applications, operating principles and capabilities of micro/mini computer hardware and software;
- principles and techniques of systems analysis and design, and file organization as applied to data processing;
- problem solving, flow charting and structured programming;
- computer documentation methods;
- minicomputer, microcomputer, LAN operating systems and cabling systems.
- identifying and resolving technical and operational problems;
- communicating effectively;
- analyzing manual operations and determining feasibility of electronic information processing.
- Minimum Qualifications
(1) A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in computer science, management information systems, programming or a closely related field.
(2) An Associate's degree from an accredited college or technical school with a major in computer science, management information systems, business or a related field and two years of computer related experience.
(3) Five years of computer related experience providing technical support to users and LAN systems.
Qualifying education and experience must be clearly documented in the "Education" and "Work Experience" sections of the application. Do not substitute a resume for your application or write "see resume" on your application.
(Be specific in describing your experience in your application. Ensure the descriptions provided illustrate your competencies, specifically addressing the required and preferred qualifications.):
- One (1) or more years of experience managing Cisco Switches.
- One (1) or more years of experience managing Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager.
- Two (2) or more years of experience managing Cisco Firewalls.
- Two (2) or more years of experience managing VoIP Phones.
- Two (2) or more years of experience managing a NetApp SAN environment.
- Two (2) or more years of experience managing Microsoft Windows Servers 2012 or later.
- One (1) or more years of experience managing DNS and DHCP.
Pima County Human Resources Department reserves the right to admit to the selection process only those candidates that meet the minimum/desired qualifications. All applications will be assessed based on an evaluation of the listed education and experience. Candidates meeting the minimum/desired qualifications may be further evaluated/scored against any advertised Preferred Qualifications. The hiring authority will interview and select the successful candidate from a referral list provided by Human Resources. Additional assessments/testing may be required as part of the selection process.
- Supplemental Information
Licenses and Certificates: Valid driver license is required at time of application. Valid AZ driver license is required at time of appointment. The successful applicant will be subject to a 39-month DOT Motor Vehicle Record review to determine applicant's suitability to operate county vehicles in accordance with Pima County administrative procedures. Failure to obtain and maintain the required licenses and certifications shall be grounds for termination. Any offer of employment resulting from this recruitment is contingent upon Fleet Services' review and approval of the candidate's driving record.
Special Notice Items: All positions require the successful completion of a background investigation due to the need for access to detention, corrections and/or law enforcement facilities or associated confidential information, documents and like materials.
Physical/Sensory Requirements: Physical and sensory abilities will be determined by position.