PPEP, Inc. Portable, Practical Educational Preparation, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Maintenance Technician - Apartments
at PPEP, Inc. Portable, Practical Educational Preparation, Inc.
Portable Practical Educational Preparation is one of the largest non-profit multi-service agencies in Arizona with an extensive reach into southwestern United States and abroad. Come and join a team of dedicated employees that are making a difference in domestic and international communities! PPEP offers a range of benefits and a diversity of programs, rich heritage, community partnerships, and investing in helping people improve their lives.
Under the direction of the Apartment Site Manager, responsible for the overall maintenance of the entire site/ complex. Performs a variety of semi-skilled, routine and general maintenance tasks related to electrical, plumbing, mechanical and carpentry. Maintains and repairs equipment and apartments within the complex.
Inventory, Tools, Supplies & Other:
- The Routine Maintenance Technician should supply their own basic tools such as hammer, screwdrivers, drill etc. Specialty tools used for property purchases may be purchased with the approval of the Housing Coordinator/Developer.
- Maintain property-owned materials and tools in a neat and orderly manner at all times. Maintain a neat and organized workshop area free of clutter and debris. Upon completion of maintenance task, all tools and excess supplies shall be cleaned up and stored appropriately.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Three (3) years prior work experience in the field of apartments property, facility maintenance, or physical plant systems maintenance.
- Knowledge of building and grounds maintenance, including standard practices, methods, tools, materials, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, painting, carpentry, grounds keeping.
- Some type of formal training or experience in the following areas: carpentry, light plumbing work, light electrical work, painting and refurbishing.
- Valid Arizona driver’s license; and clearance/approval from corporate auto insurers.
- Any combination of academic education, professional training or work experience, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Five (5) years prior work experience in the field of facility maintenance or physical plant systems maintenance.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
- Knowledge of HUD regulations regarding housing quality standards and other maintenance related standards.
- Experience in multifamily maintenance and experience involving public contact.
- Must be able to stand or sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and carry eighty (80) pounds.
- Must be able to occasionally work from heights and climb up and down ladders.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to travel by automobile.
MUST APPLY ONLINE!!!
PPEP INC. IS AN EEO EMPLOYER - MINORITIES/WOMEN/VETERANS/DISABLED