PPEP, Inc. Portable, Practical Educational Preparation, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Prevention Support Specialist
at PPEP, Inc. Portable, Practical Educational Preparation, Inc.
Reporting to the Director of Prevention, this position provides a variety of administrative and staff support to programs and projects in this department. Coordinates project activities, maintains and organizes recordkeeping and documentation requirements, manages meeting arrangements, petty cash, maintains inventory of supplies related to respective prevention programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Involved and engaged in community level capacity building activities to support program development; includes attending community meetings, public speaking and staffing outreach events.
- Implements program activities as assigned to meet defined required deliverables.
- Sets up meetings, agendas, and manages meeting logistics prior to meetings and day of meetings to ensure all meeting logistics is implemented as planned.
- Provides customer service and information to internal and external stakeholders, effectively engages in communication with program participants.
- Provides customer services to all seeking.
- Maintains document management as required of activities.
- Collect contact information on Volunteers and maintain in Volunteer/Membership (Excel) file.
- Establish and maintain petty cash for projects as needed and prepares audit reports required by accounting.
- Participate in training, strategic planning and professional development activities as requested.
- Order and maintain project supplies.
- Performs general clerical/administrative assistant functions: answering phones fielding calls, filing, copying, and routes and distributes mail, typing, prepares correspondence, reports and other documents, etc.
- Promotes cultural competency in all areas of services and ability to work in a diverse, multi-cultural environment and be sensitive to the service population’s culture and socioeconomic characteristics.
- Maintains and models proper boundaries at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in human services related field and 2 years administrative work experience in community based programming or coalition related work.
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Office- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook.
- Ability to communicate effectively – with verbal, written, interpersonal, and presentation communication skills.
- Valid Arizona driver’s license that will be reviewed and approved by corporate auto insurance.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Any combination of academic education, professional training or work experience, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Bachelor’s degree in human services related field.
- Ability to work as a team, communicate effectively with staff, supervisors and community key stakeholders.
- Present a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Possess good judgment and decision making skills with a solution oriented perspective.
- Bilingual (English, Spanish).
- Basic understanding of addiction as a disease, its impact on individuals, families and community and understanding of prevention practices.
- Must be able to see/read a computer monitor screen and have proficient keyboarding abilities.
- Must be able to lift up to 40lbs and engage in physical activity required for job to include stretching, reaching, bending, walking, lifting and carrying.
- Must be able to sit for long periods.
- Must have reliable transportation and travel is required.
- Must be available to work some evenings and occasional weekends.
MUST APPLY ONLINE!!
PPEP INC. IS AN EEO EMPLOYER - MINORITIES/WOMEN/VETERANS/DISABLED