PPEP, Inc. Portable, Practical Educational Preparation, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Prevention Support Specialist
at PPEP, Inc. Portable, Practical Educational Preparation, Inc.
Portable Practical Educational Preparation is one of the largest non-profit multi-service agencies in Arizona with an extensive reach into southwestern United States and abroad. Come and join a team of dedicated employees that are making a difference in domestic and international communities! PPEP offers a range of benefits and a diversity of programs, rich heritage, community partnerships, and investing in helping people improve their lives.
These are a few benefits that we offer for our Fulltime Positions:
- Health insurance (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 12 paid holidays
- 401 K
- Paid sick + vacation
- Wellness program
Reporting to the Director of Prevention, this position provides a variety of administrative and staff support to programs and projects in this department. Coordinates project activities, maintains and organizes recordkeeping and documentation requirements, manages meeting arrangements, petty cash, maintains inventory of supplies related to respective prevention programs.
- Associates degree in human services related field and 2 years administrative work experience in community based programming or coalition related work.
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Office- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook.
- Ability to communicate effectively – with verbal, written, interpersonal, and presentation communication skills.
- Valid Arizona driver’s license that will be reviewed and approved by corporate auto insurance.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Any combination of academic education, professional training or work experience, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Bachelor’s degree in human services related field.
- Ability to work as a team, communicate effectively with staff, supervisors and community key stakeholders.
- Present a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Possess good judgment and decision making skills with a solution oriented perspective.
- Bilingual (English, Spanish).
- Basic understanding of addiction as a disease, its impact on individuals, families and community and understanding of prevention practices.
- Must be able to see/read a computer monitor screen and have proficient keyboarding abilities.
- Must be able to lift up to 40lbs and engage in physical activity required for job to include stretching, reaching, bending, walking, lifting and carrying.
- Must be able to sit for long periods.
- Must have reliable transportation and travel is required.
- Must be available to work some evenings and occasional weekends.
MUST APPLY ONLINE!!
PPEP INC. IS AN EEO EMPLOYER - MINORITIES/WOMEN/VETERANS/DISABLED