PPEP, Inc. Portable, Practical Educational Preparation, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Teacher (Math) - SIERRA VISTA
at PPEP, Inc. Portable, Practical Educational Preparation, Inc.
Under general supervision of the Lead Teacher, prepares students for employment and/or further education after graduation and helping students master the objectives of the Arizona Academic and Common Core Standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops a broad understanding of career and educational opportunities beyond graduation, and uses that understanding to assist students in academic and career planning (ECAP).
- Participates with site staff members as part of a Professional Learning Community (PLC) and participates in meaningful periodic PLC meetings to improve both site procedures and student achievement.
- Becomes familiar with each student’s personal context as it relates to success at PPEP TEC, and provides appropriate guidance, counseling and parental contact.
- Maintains and improves personal knowledge relevant to the objectives of the Arizona Academic and Common Core Standards, and helps students construct relevant understanding of the issues that the standards address.
- Develops and maintains the classroom environment as a model of the workplace (safe, quiet, and without distractions), and guides students in learning appropriate behavior that allows productive effort to improve student outcomes.
- Works and participates with site staff to implement plans to improve student attendance, recruitment, and retention.
- Understands the rationale and implementation of required assessments: Arizona’s test instruments (AIMS and SAT-10) in addition to Galileo formative assessments. Correctly administers and analyzes these assessments for appropriate student placement and data driven decision making to improve student outcomes.
- Becomes familiar with general administration of the school site and is accountable on an absolute basis for maintaining procedures, keeping records, safe-guarding resources, and upholding school policy as well as state and federal laws and regulations.
- Participates in school improvement planning and accreditation process as needed.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Current Arizona K-12 Teaching Certificate OR ability to meet ADE definition of Highly Qualified by either 24 hours in an approved subject area or passing scores on an AEPA exam.
- Must possess a valid IVP DPS Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- One year prior work experience in teaching at-risk children.
- Must be able to see a computer monitor.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift twenty five (25) pounds).
PPEP INC. IS AN EEO EMPLOYER - MINORITIES/WOMEN/VETERANS/DISABLED
Come visit us at www.ppeptechs.org to see what we are about!
MUST APPLY ONLINE