Southern Arizona AIDS Foundation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Southern Arizona AIDS Foundation
Scope of Work: The Case Manager provides comprehensive case management services to a broad spectrum of persons living with HIV/AIDS and their families. The Case Manager supports clients in accessing medical care and supportive services. The Case Manager position is a full-time, no more than 40 hours/work week non-exempt position.
- Provide a range of client-centered services to support persons living with HIV/AIDS in obtaining or maintaining primary medical care and housing through:
- Initial assessment of service needs including Self-Sufficiency Matrix and Acuity Scale.
- Complete the Vulnerability Index- Service Prioritization Decision Assistance Tool (VI-SPDAT) for clients requesting housing.
- Development of a comprehensive, individualized service plan;
- Coordination of services required to implement the plan;
- Client monitoring to assess the efficacy of the plan;
- Periodic re-evaluation and adaptation of the plan as necessary; and
- Client-specific advocacy and/or review of utilization of services.
- In collaboration with the client, develop a goal plan, which outlines goals that address transition needs for potential housing program clients and long term housing stability needs of housing program clients in their residence.
- Support clients in meeting identified needs.
- Actively participate in weekly group supervision meetings.
- Conduct home visits to assess and support client and/or identify unmet needs and institutional visits as applicable.
- Attend and participate in treatment team meetings with medical providers and network with other agency and community service providers to secure appropriate, quality services for agency clients. Monitor and note medication adherence and treatment compliance.
- Maintain timely and accurate documentation of all client contact.
- Serve as member of Care Services department, working in close coordination with the clinical and housing teams.
- Attend agency staff meetings.
- Comply with SAAF employment and quality assurance policies and procedures.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Obtain a minimum of 10 hours per year of continuing education/training directly related to case management.
- Reports to the Case Management Manager.
- Appropriate fingerprint clearance through the Arizona Department of Public Safety (paid for by SAAF).
- Bachelor’s degree in social services or health-related field or 1 years’ work experience in social services related field.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Must have access to reliable transportation, a valid Arizona Driver License and a driving record that will be supported by our liability insurance provider.
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS issues.
- Two years’ case management experience working with people with substance abuse and/or mental health issues.
- Knowledge of supportive housing programs and issues related to homelessness.
- Previous experience in a team leader or supervisor role.
- Experience working with Tucson human service providers.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with database systems.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Capable of problem solving and working independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, sensitivity to cultural and personal diversity.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
Compensation: Minimum rate of pay $15.00/hour, DOE; benefits include health, dental, and life insurance; long- and short-term disability insurance.
To Apply: Submit letter of interest, resume with dates of employment, and names, addresses, and phone numbers of three professional references to the Director of HR, Southern Arizona AIDS Foundation, 375 S. Euclid Ave., Tucson, AZ, 85719, e-mail to email@example.com or visit www.saaf.org. Open until filled.
Affirmative Action: The Southern Arizona AIDS Foundation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, or disability.
Start Date: As soon as possible.