Southern Arizona Urgent Care
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Patient Care Specialist
at Southern Arizona Urgent Care
- 6303 E. Broadway Blvd. Suite 161Tucson, AZ
- 446 N Campbell Rd. Suite 130Tucson, AZ
- 6572 East Grant Road Suite 130Tucson, AZ
- 1040 S. Harrison Road Suite 120Tucson, AZ
- 3662 W. Ina Road Suite 150Tucson, AZ
- 1218 W. Irvington Rd. Suite 150Tucson, AZ
- 7725 N. Oracle Rd. Suite 131Tucson, AZ
- 90 W. River Rd.Tucson, AZ
- 1880 E. Tangerine Rd. Suite 100Tucson, AZ
Job Summary: The Patient Care Specialist serves as the ambassador for positive customer relations in our Urgent Care setting. Each “First Contact” impression made will be critical to creating the kind of superior patient relationships we want to build and maintain. The Patient Care Specialist will show a genuine empathetic attitude toward each person from the intake through the discharge process. Ensuring each patient’s visit is monitored for timeliness, accuracy and professional treatment.
Skill / Requirements
- High School graduate or GED. Two-years medical office experience or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Some knowledge of CPT and/or ICD-10 coding and Medical Terminology.
- Working knowledge of medical insurance verification
- Welcomes patients and visitors with a friendly greeting and a smile both in person and on the telephone. Courteous, polite and helpful to the public and patients; able to manage the front desk operations neatly and efficiently.
- Performs patient intakes and discharges, verifies insurance/benefit coverage and collects co-pays and/or payment toward account balances at time of service.
- Understands all aspects of the EMR (Electronic Medical Record) system.
- Confers with Provider’s, MA’s and other staff if needed regarding any incomplete patient tests/consults or other incomplete orders required for completing the coding process in the EMR.
- Prepares encoded billing information at the end of each business day and transmits it to the billing center.
- Responds to patient communications and transfers calls or delivers complete messages to the appropriate individual per practice protocol.
- Ensures new patient information is entered into the EMR accurately and that necessary information changes are made at each visit.
- Assists in managing the patient referral process.
- Delivers incoming mail and/or packages to the proper person upon receipt, processes outgoing mail and distributes faxes.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of all information and treats, providers, patients and visitors with a calm, compassionate and professional demeanor.
- Works with the designated staff to maintain office supplies in a cost-effective and efficient manner.
- May be trained to triage and scribe per Provider
- Other duties as assigned.