Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
ART THERAPIST - SPLENDIDO
Purpose: Provides Art Therapy intervention services to residents both individually and in groups to address therapeutic goals in collaboration with Social Services, Activities, and Nursing professionals. Follows assessment, care plan, and documentation procedures. Utilizes creative arts to engage volunteers, staff, and families.
Plans, coordinates and documents the providing of Art Therapy Services to residents of varying abilities within care venues at Senior Living Communities, both in individual and group sessions as need determines. May assist safe transport of residents to and from Art Therapy sessions.
- Maintains assessment procedures and forms, progress notes, care plan forms, and engagement and attendance records. Actively participates in resident care plan meetings.
- Utilizes range of art materials and processes, including painting, drawing, collage, sculpture, digital technology, fiber arts, creative writing etc.
- Provide monthly “inquiry-based” art-looking and art-making experience
- Collaborates with Activities Department to integrate art experiences into the life of the community, including quarterly family engagement events and staff self-care experiences
- Updates MDS as needed
- Maintains on site an adequate supply of art supplies for planned art therapy experiences within approved budget
- Maintains safe and inviting art studio and exhibition space, maintains work areas in a sanitary and safe manner
- Follows established safety and infection control policies and procedures and participates in all required in-service training including life safety, disaster preparedness, infection control and safety regulations in accordance with regulations
- Develops innovative ways to share and celebrate artwork within community, through exhibition, performance events, and community collaborations
- Provides creative educational in-service experiences for staff when necessary
- Supervises volunteers assigned through the Activities or Art Therapy department, including “Art Partner” program
- Supervises Art Therapy, Music Therapy, or Dance Therapy Interns when appropriate
- Minimum Education, Skills, Knowledge, Work Experience: Preferred: Minimum of one to two years experience working with individuals living with dementia, experience working with individuals in a long term care setting, demonstration of extensive knowledge of person-centered care, knowledge of state and federal regulations pertaining to Medicare/LTC. Maintains strong personal art practice, exhibiting extensive knowledge of diverse art materials and their applications with older adults. Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to be self-directed.
- Preferred: Experience with care plan and MDS documentation relating to resident activity program requirements.
- Required: Masters Degree in Art Therapy, holds, or is working towards, LPC or LCPC; Masters fieldwork experience with older adults;
Splendido is a Life Plan Community for those age 55 and better. Thanks to our creative and dedicated staff, we offer residents new possibilities each day—along with resort amenities, numerous options for healthy lifestyles, and a breathtaking location in Oro Valley, Arizona. Splendido includes 246 Terrace and Villa Homes, as well as assisted living, memory care, long-term care, and rehab housing and services, along with multiple restaurants, a fitness center, art studio, a putting green, and more.
Splendido is located at 13500 Rancho Vistoso Boulevard in Oro Valley.
What We Offer:
Mather LifeWays offers a competitive benefits package* that goes above and beyond. Benefits-eligible employees can take advantage of:
- 401(k) program with strong employer match
- Generous paid-time off (PTO) program including vacation days, sick days, personal days, and holidays. Earn-as-you-go plan that rolls over year to year, offering flexibility
- Medical benefits with PPO options
- Optional dental DMO or PPO insurance
- Tuition reimbursement promoting lifelong learning
- Employee wellness programs, including free annual wellness screening
- Learning to Age Well Program – employees can be reimbursed up to $130 per year for completion of classes such as music lessons, yoga, or foreign language classes
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance - 100% coverage by Mather LifeWays
- 501(c)3 public student loan forgiveness program
- Employee meals (discounted)
*Benefits are subject to change without notice. Benefits details dependent on employment status.
Expectations of Mather LifeWays Employees:
- The ability to work well in a team environment
- Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- The ability to establish and maintain relationships with residents, customers, and coworkers
- The ability to learn new tasks and information and apply to serving others
- A commitment to delivering on responsibilities
- Reliability, professionalism, and a strong work ethic
About Mather LifeWays:
Based in Evanston, Illinois, Mather LifeWays is a unique, non-denominational not-for-profit organization founded in 1941. Dedicated to developing and implementing Ways to Age Well, we create programs, places, and residences for today’s young-at-heart older adults. These include senior living residences (The Mather, Mather Place, and Splendido); a variety of community-based initiatives; and Mather LifeWays Institute on Aging, a resource for research and information about aging, trends and innovations in aging services, and more.
Mather LifeWays values employees and is serious about supporting their health and professional development. We’ve been named one of “Chicago’s Top Workplaces” by the Chicago Tribune for four years in a row, and have been recognized as Illinois’ Healthiest Midsize Employer.
Mather LifeWays is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If this sounds like you, then please apply for this position. When applying, please include all work history. List your employers, starting with the most current/recent, including self-employment. Please do not state "refer to resume."