Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
EXECUTIVE CHEF - SPLENDIDO
Are you a passionate Executive Chef with a desire to lead and inspire a team, provide amazing meals to residents and manage a high volume operation (400-500 daily meals)? We have an opening for an experienced chef who will oversee the Culinary operations of our Independent Living community (inclusive of a main dining room, an upscale dining area, a café and bar) as well as our Health Center which offers Skilled Nursing, Assisted Living and Memory support. We create exceptional meals from the freshest natural products using scratch methodology and techniques. Additionally our Culinary team provides catering to our Residents and our internal marketing and program teams.
This position is full time and inclusive of ensuring dinner meal time operates successfully.
Oversees the consistent preparation and prompt delivery of quality food to ensure pleasurable dining experiences to residents, family members, guests, and staff. Creates meaningful moments in the lives of residents, visitors and staff by demonstrating EMI (eliminating my impossibilities) behaviors.
This is a safety sensitive position.
- Ensures the consistent preparation and timely delivery of quality food to residents, guests, family members, and staff.
- Ensures adherence to safe food handling, proper personal hygiene and sanitation procedures, according to Health Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) guidelines.
- Selects food production and utility staff and provides on-going supervision, training and performance management.
- Creates cycle menu according to guidelines and secures needed food items and supplies within approved department budget.
- Responds to resident feedback addressing concerns in a timely, professional manner.
- Administrative responsibilities experience include payroll, scheduling, purchasing, menu development, nutrition, sanitation, production planning and day to day staff management.
- Attends resident food committee meetings and staff meetings.
- Coordinates all holiday and theme meals/functions with Director of Dining Services and Dining Managers.
- Responsible for timely and accurate documentation requirements including performance reviews, scheduling, invoice transmittals, temperature and chemical logs.
- Directs and monitors food production to minimize waste and over production
- Monitors daily and weekly cleaning assignments and ensures proper use and cleaning of equipment and supplies.
Minimum Education, Skills, Knowledge, Work Experience:
- Required: Knowledgeable of therapeutic diets, recipe ingredients, adherence to heart healthy guidelines and any other diet restrictions.
- Able to multi-task in fast-paced environment and make independent decisions as needed. Effective communication and leadership abilities with 3-5 years progressive supervisory position in quality food production environment. Able to establish and maintain professional and positive relationships between production and service staff. Current sanitation certification and any other MLW, federal, state local requirements. Computer skills.
- Preferred: Culinary arts degree, and experience with computerized purchasing.
Splendido is a Life Plan Community for those age 55 and better. Thanks to our creative and dedicated staff, we offer residents new possibilities each day—along with resort amenities, numerous options for healthy lifestyles, and a breathtaking location in Oro Valley, Arizona. Splendido includes 246 Terrace and Villa Homes, as well as assisted living, memory care, long-term care, and rehab housing and services, along with multiple restaurants, a fitness center, art studio, a putting green, and more.
Splendido is located at 13500 Rancho Vistoso Boulevard in Oro Valley/Tucson.
What We Offer:
Mather LifeWays offers a competitive benefits package* that goes above and beyond. Benefits-eligible employees can take advantage of:
- 401(k) program with strong employer match
- Generous paid-time off (PTO) program including vacation days, sick days, personal days, and holidays. Earn-as-you-go plan that rolls over year to year, offering flexibility
- Medical benefits with PPO options
- Optional dental HMO or PPO insurance
- Tuition reimbursement promoting lifelong learning
- Employee wellness programs, including free annual wellness screening
- Learning to Age Well Program – employees can be reimbursed up to $130 per year for completion of classes such as music lessons, yoga, or foreign language classes
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance - 100% coverage by Mather LifeWays
- 501(c)3 public student loan forgiveness program
- Discounted Employee meals
*Benefits are subject to change without notice. Benefits details dependent on employment status.
Expectations of Mather LifeWays Employees:
- The ability to work well in a team environment
- Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- The ability to establish and maintain relationships with residents, customers, and coworkers
- The ability to learn new tasks and information and apply to serving others
- A commitment to delivering on responsibilities
- Reliability, professionalism, and a strong work ethic
About Mather LifeWays:
Based in Evanston, Illinois, Mather LifeWays is a unique, non-denominational not-for-profit organization founded in 1941. Dedicated to developing and implementing Ways to Age Well, we create programs, places, and residences for today’s young-at-heart older adults. These include senior living residences (The Mather, Mather Place, and Splendido); a variety of community-based initiatives; and Mather LifeWays Institute on Aging, a resource for research and information about aging, trends and innovations in aging services, and more.
Mather LifeWays values employees and is serious about supporting their health and professional development. We’ve been named one of “Chicago’s Top Workplaces” by the Chicago Tribune for four years in a row, and have been recognized as Illinois’ Healthiest Midsize Employer.
Mather LifeWays is a drug-free and smoke free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If this sounds like you, then please apply for this position. When applying, please include all work history. List your employers, starting with the most current/recent, including self-employment. Please do not state "refer to resume."